New to all of this and I really want some support buddies!

Options
My name is Raven and I am 19 years old. I currently weigh 218 lbs. I made a my fitness pal account a long time ago but never really used it much. I don't really have much support from anyone. But I figure I can get the best support from all of you bashful ladies going through the same journey as me. I'd love to make new friends here and have people who can support me and who I can support back. So befriend me and help me make this long lasting change!

Replies

• Stephh027
    Stephh027 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Raven! I am in the same boat as you, add me!

-Steph
  • rosenatali
    Options
    you can add me if youd like i really have no support here neither! :( I just joined yesterday BTW ! ((:
  • GFeltonLB
    GFeltonLB Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Raven,
    Support doesn't only have to come from bashful ladies. :-)
    You are doing great taking that step and coming back to MyFitnessPal.
    Reaching out for support is a fantastic step also.
    Good deal on taking those steps. I'm sure you will be reaching your goals and getting the support you need. There are a lot of people on there just wanting to be there to support you. Keep true to yourself, and know that every piece of Red Vine licorice is 35 calories you'll have to work off. Every Dorito and chip, every piece of candy, every piece of fat not trimmed from the meat has to find it's way back out of your body, so keep that in mind before you let it pass your lips and you'll be that much closer to your goals.

Good luck.
  • DodgerBlueGal
    Options
    I there! I am new here, too. Still learning how to use the site :) I am ready for a change! But still need a kick start!! So a few buddies would be great! :)
  • laurameatsixx
    Options
    I'm the same, feel free to add me :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous name!
    Welcome. I hope you get the support you are after :flowerforyou:
  • janinealfke
    Options
    Hi Raven,

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I see you're not getting much support and I'm really sorry about that. Makes it hard, but not impossible. You can do this for YOU...Just make up your mind that NO ONE is going to derail you. You're young and have so many good things ahead for you!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! WE'RE ALL HERE FOR YOU!!

Janine Alfke
  • janinealfke
    Options
    welcome aboard! Feel free to add me if you like. We all need support. I'm sorry you don't have that, but you will get it here! Hang in there and if you're doing this for you, you will make it!!! We're here!

Janine Alfke
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

Lots of great support here.

Feel free to add me.
  • jslatouche
    Options
    Feel free to add me and ask questions if you have any. For me the trick was to enter everything (no sneaking out little extras :wink: ) and add exercise (walking with my fitbit pedometer was my only exercise) to help either gain some snacks or lose weight faster. MFP and Fitbit with near religious adherence to writing down everything is what got me where I am at. No special combinations of no carbs, no sugar, no dessert, etc. Good luck dear! :bigsmile:
  • RavenJR
    RavenJR Posts: 3
    Options
    All of this motivation makes me feel so great about this! I'm looking so forward to my future.
  • RavenJR
    RavenJR Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Tishahere
    Tishahere Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Raven! My name is Tish. I just joined MFP a few minutes ago so, I'm new to this too. Add me if you like!
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    add me for sure !!! WE GOT THIS !!!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hi Raven,
    I could use some support as well. I've been making some good progress lately so I may also be able to offer some tips and advice.
    I'd like to offer my support so feel free to add me!

-Lindsey
  • Anport
    Anport Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Raven! I went away on vacation and lost some support buddies in my absence. I hope we can become good friends and supporters for each other! Feel free to send me an invitation! :D
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

Feel free to add for mutual support :happy:
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi Raven! (-: You can add me.
  • Sylvieyoucandothis
    Sylvieyoucandothis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I presently weigh 212. I'm a gastric bypass surgery roux-en-y patient and got sick and gained. I was doing so good for the longest time weighing at about 153-163. I saw my dietician and she told me about this site. Since I'm new too, lets do this together. Anybody in my shoes? I could use all the help that I can too.
  • jrz1832
    jrz1832 Posts: 2
    Options
    HI! I just joined too! I don't have much support either, so I would love to be buddies! My goal is to lose some weight and run a 5k with my son... Huge challenge for me!!