Is my exercise moderate or strenous??

Options
I am trying to recalculate my TDEE on the Scooby site and i cannot figure out whether to enter moderate exercise (3-5 hours a week) or to enter the strenous category (5-7 hours a week) when calculating my TDEE? I am 45 years old, 5 foot 2 1/2 inches tall and weigh 122 pounds. I walk 3-6 miles every day and do Jillian Michaels dvd at least 50 minutes 6 days a week. I am exercising 90-120 minutes at least 6 days a wek and my fitbit usually shows anywhere from 2,000-2,600 calories burned every day. If i enter moderate exercise, it gives me TDEE -20% as 1563 calories per day to eat. If i enter strenous exercise, it gives me 1722 as my TDEE - 20%. I am unsure which to go with.Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• ccb2004
    ccb2004 Posts: 16
    Options
    I should also add that i have been eating about 1700 calories a day and was losing 1/2-1 pound a week, but i have been going up and down and up and down from 122-125 the past 3 weeks so not sure whether it is just normal fluctuations or whether i miscalculated my TDEE -20% the first time by entering strenuos exercise and i actually need to enter moderate which woukd give me 1563 calories to eat instead of 1722. So i guess what i am asking is do you think i am eating too much at 1722 or should i go by what my fitbit says and actually eat a little more than 1722 on days my fitbit says i am burning 2,500 calorirs??
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    That's a lot of working out so I'd go with the 1722. And if you are worried, maybe split the difference for a bit and do like 1650 for a while and see how that works? Congrats on your success so far!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I should also add that i have been eating about 1700 calories a day and was losing 1/2-1 pound a week, but i have been going up and down and up and down from 122-125 the past 3 weeks so not sure whether it is just normal fluctuations or whether i miscalculated my TDEE -20%

So you were eating 1700 and walking 3-6 miles a day and doing jillian michaels dvd 6 days a week during that time, or did you add one of those just recently and then you noticed it fluctuating back and forth.
  • ccb2004
    ccb2004 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have been eating 1700 and exercising the same for about 3 months. Weight just started fluctuating the last couple of weeks. I am only about 10 pounds away from goal weight and i know the last 10 can be hard to lose. Maybe that is why?
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 1700 and exercising the same for about 3 months. Weight just started fluctuating the last couple of weeks. I am only about 10 pounds away from goal weight and i know the last 10 can be hard to lose. Maybe that is why?

You would probably do better to change it to TDEE- 10% now. Eat a bit more, lose a bit more slowly.... you're almost to goal and eating at a big deficit can take it's toll after a while.