Ongoing side ache...

Options
Zborni4
Zborni4 Posts: 38 Member
I have had an ache in my right side, feels like it is right under my right rib. It has been an ongoing thing for about 2 weeks whenever I exercise...even lightly walking. As soon as I start walking I feel it. It is not intensely painful like other side aches I have gotten during running, it is just more annoying because it won't go away. Anyone had this happen? When I press on the area it does feel slightly tender. Could it just be a gas bubble that is stuck. Just wondering. I think if it continues I might have to go to the doctor.

Replies

• Zborni4
    Options
    I have had an ache in my right side, feels like it is right under my right rib. It has been an ongoing thing for about 2 weeks whenever I exercise...even lightly walking. As soon as I start walking I feel it. It is not intensely painful like other side aches I have gotten during running, it is just more annoying because it won't go away. Anyone had this happen? When I press on the area it does feel slightly tender. Could it just be a gas bubble that is stuck. Just wondering. I think if it continues I might have to go to the doctor.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if it has been ongoing for that long you need to see a doctor. My first instinct reading your post was appendix, but after that length of time, you'd be a goner if that was the problem. If could be no big deal but there's no reason to risk it. It doesn't sound like gas, not after 2 weeks. go to the doctor.:flowerforyou:
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    if it has been ongoing for that long you need to see a doctor. My first instinct reading your post was appendix, but after that length of time, you'd be a goner if that was the problem. If could be no big deal but there's no reason to risk it. It doesn't sound like gas, not after 2 weeks. go to the doctor.:flowerforyou:

I 2nd that! You should see the Dr. to have them figure it out what the problem is.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'd get that checked out too. The last thing you want is for your appendix to rupture.

You could be looking at 2 days in the hospital vs. 6 weeks if it ruptures. :flowerforyou:
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    could also be gall bladder issues
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would 2nd the gall bladder. I was misdiagnosed as heartburn so I passed stones for over a year. :grumble: It felt like a stake was being pushed from back through my sternum then radiated out my ribcage. It was especially sensitive on my right side towards the bottom of my rib cage.

I also recommend seeing a doctor.
  • Zborni4
    Options
    now I am getting a smidge freaked out because I have been looking stuff up on webmd. I am a bit of a hypochondriac...I think it might be gallbladder or liver..YIKES. I am calling the doctor tomorrow.
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I had put it off for a long time. The day I went to the ER it was after 8 hours of constant pain. I hadn't been able to even lift my year old twins for hours, when I finally had enough. I went in and they wouldn't let me leave because I was jaundiced from my liver not working due to the blockage. :noway:

2 shots off demerol definitely helped