Thoughts on this diet plan?

Options

Replies

• esme1983
    esme1983 Posts: 60
    Options
    It looks good - apart from the relatively low fat/ high carb(sugar) breakfast. From the majority of advice I've received (and now my own experience) it seems more beneficial to have a high fat & protein breakfast... Maybe steak and eggs or similar to stop any sugar spikes.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    It looks good - apart from the relatively low fat/ high carb(sugar) breakfast. From the majority of advice I've received (and now my own experience) it seems more beneficial to have a high fat & protein breakfast... Maybe steak and eggs or similar to stop any sugar spikes.

Protein spikes insulin just as much
  • drezzal
    drezzal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Which breakfast in particular? Porridge or eggs? or both? haha
  • koootenay
    koootenay Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Negative! I'm diabetic and that doesn't happen. If it were to spike insulin, my blood sugar would be through the roof by now (because I can't produce insulin so my blood sugar should just go up and up...) Where did you read that information?
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Yes it spikes insulin but it doesn't spike your blood sugar - which is the dangerous part
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You do not need to follow a structured diet plan, those times are out. Eat the food's you like spread out over as many meals you would like, which will allow you hit your targeted macro's for the day.

If you want some good advice, I'd stop taking in information from all magazine sources like Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Men's Fitness, etc.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You do not need to follow a structured diet plan, those times are out. Eat the food's you like spread out over as many meals you would like, which will allow you hit your targeted macro's for the day.

If you want some good advice, I'd stop taking in information from all magazine sources like Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Men's Fitness, etc.

^this
  • drezzal
    drezzal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd like a bit of a plan to start though and then gradually adjust it to my needs, it will keep me motivated and organised :P
  • esme1983
    Options
    That's what i said "sugar" I'm no expert but I know I am fuller for longer and feel more stable with no slumps if I stick with protein and fat at brekkie
  • esme1983
    Options
    I don’t think we can underestimate the benefits of a structured plan for some people. I like all the guess work taking out – and I take comfort in the “science”. Too much room for interpretation and I’m all over the place.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Wise words. The only time I stick to my calories and macros is when I'm eating the foods I want, rather than something prescriptive. If I want a glass of wine or icecream in the evening I simply cut back during the day or go for a run to create a deficit. Works for me, anyway,
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I don’t think we can underestimate the benefits of a structured plan for some people. I like all the guess work taking out – and I take comfort in the “science”. Too much room for interpretation and I’m all over the place.

I can understand that. Everyone organizes things differently and it can alleviate stress.

I'm just saying from a weightloss perspective the whole you must eat these clean boring foods and these clean boring foods only isn't a necessity.

That being said, the linked diet above is written by a personal trainer, not a nutritionist. It's a generic copy/paste of "clean" foods thats been recycled time and time again. IMO, it's too low in terms of macronutrients and such for a male specifically.