Want some more flavor for your veggies?

Options
I have been using generous sprinkles of Montral Chicken Seasoning on my microwaveable veggies for some serious yumminess. I really love big flavors, so I think this just makes them absolutely addictive!! Especially on the Green Giant Healthy Vision and Healthy Weight mixtures... it can make a meal in itself.

And if you like big flavors, you might really like Tribe's Forty Spices hummus... it is absolutely out of this world with some carrots.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like the Mrs. Dash seasonings, there are a ton of them!! Or I like the Land O Lakes popcorn seasonings too, the cheddar is yummy on cooked cauliflower!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Dont they have High Sodium Content?? I love Vegeta Veggie stock!! but it has a fair bit of Sodium!! Like 663mg in 3 grams!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Dont they have High Sodium Content?? I love Vegeta Veggie stock!! but it has a fair bit of Sodium!! Like 663mg in 3 grams!!!

Don't know about the other one mentioned, but ALL Mrs. Dash seasonings are salt-free....and wonderful, I might add.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Don't know about the other one mentioned, but ALL Mrs. Dash seasonings are salt-free....and wonderful, I might add.

Awesome!! Hopefully I can find some Mrs Dash seasonings here in australia!! =)
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Awesome!! Hopefully I can find some Mrs Dash seasonings here in australia!! =)

Good luck!! They're very common here in the US. Also McCormick makes a salt free line of seasonings, they have a really good steak seasoning that I use for fajitas. Yum yum!
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for more ways to eat my veggies. I will have to check these out....Thanks!
  • dcgcsc
    Options
    Yes Mrs. Dash is excellent. I have recently started using Mrs. Dash on everything because it does not have the sodium in it and it ads so much flavor to your food. I have notice sense I have been using Mrs. Dash on my food that my husband and kids don't put salt on their food anymore.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    What an awesome suggestion! Thanks so much. I have trouble eating cooking/steamed veggies (but love them raw). With this idea I might just be able to eat veggies with the family!
  • FluffyGirl79
    Options
    The Mrs. Dash seasonings are AWESOME mixed with some canned chicken breast and a tiny bit of low-fat mayo or brown mustard....YUMMY! :)
  • vineas
    Options
    Garlic Pepper is really good for this too - I use it all the time, but it really stands out on greens. Can use a bit on cottage cheese for a different flavor too (seems odd at first, but it grows on you).
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I use chicken broth instead of water to cook my veggies or I grill them.

Also, try putting a little rice vinegar with peanut oil or just rice wine vinegar on top. Also a drizzle of balsamic goes a long way!

Toasted nuts can give veggies some kick too.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I use chicken broth instead of water to cook my veggies or I grill them.

Also, try putting a little rice vinegar with peanut oil or just rice wine vinegar on top. Also a drizzle of balsamic goes a long way!

Toasted nuts can give veggies some kick too.

I add all kinds of vinegar also ~ balsamic, red wine, or rice vinegar are my favorites too!

The popcorn seasonings are also great. My kids love adding the sharp cheddar or butter flavored seasonings (Land O Lakes or Butter Buds) to their brown rice or veggies.
  • LJK100
    LJK100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The BEST spice EVER: Price's Cajun Seasoning....100% natural....delish!
  • iowabelle
    Options
    I recently discovered Sazon by Goya. It is often used in Latino cooking. My only complaint is that the color of the seasoning is very vibrant and it makes my hands orange if I get it on my hands.

It turns out they also have a no-salt variety.

It comes in little packets, like packages of boullion.

http://www.goya.com/english/product_subcategory/Condiments/Sazon-Bouillon

It's also tasty on fish. I had it last night on both some salmon and brown rice.