Frustrated - Plateau?

Options
mhiggi02
mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
I've lost 71 lbs since mid-January. I've been stuck at 198.6 lbs since July 3. My TDEE is around 2150. I've been at or under my net caloric goal of 1600 in all but 3 of the last 11 days. I knew the weight loss would become slower and more difficult but C'MON! This is PISSING ME OFF! I guess I need to add some strength training into my routine 2-3 days/week. Any other thoughts/ideas?

Replies

• shelbymkoenig
    shelbymkoenig Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've hit plateaus before. Sometimes just pushing through it and being patient is best. Once I switched my calorie intake to maintain in stead of losing. I left it that way for a week then set it back to a deficit and the weight came right off, even what I should have lost while I was stuck. Also, drink lots and lost of water because water retention is a mean, cruel, torturous thing. Best of luck ^_^
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Problem number one is clear before we see anything else. You have failed to provide any detailed information about yourself, which, if I were a judgemental person - which I am - I would hazard a guess that your frustration has clouded your ability to make informed decisions.

Problem number two stems from number one. Tell us your current: height, weight, age, daily activity level (how old are your kids eg do you run around and play with them a lot or are they in school and you don't need to look after them during the day?; also your activity at your desk: white or blue collar?), exercise frequency, time, type, intensity, how long have you been dieting and what is your diet history, eg any fad diets, medical problems preventing you from exercising? Also please open your diary.

But before you do any of that, take a few deep breaths and relax, we're here to help you so enjoy the remainder of the weekend so far!
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I saw someone else post an acronym for exercise - FIT (frequency, intensity, and time). Maybe shake up your exercise routine??? You've lost a lot of weight and are doing great!!!
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Don't have any suggestions other than be patient. I was struggling for a minute with an up and down of the same 4 pounds and I have done what others suggested used the TDEE and increased my calories and decreased the time of my workout and increased the intensity. You work out hard, maybe the strength will help adjust things. try to be patient you are doing a fantabulous job Peace.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Problem number one is clear before we see anything else. You have failed to provide any detailed information about yourself, which, if I were a judgemental person - which I am - I would hazard a guess that your frustration has clouded your ability to make informed decisions.

Problem number two stems from number one. Tell us your current: height, weight, age, daily activity level (how old are your kids eg do you run around and play with them a lot or are they in school and you don't need to look after them during the day?; also your activity at your desk: white or blue collar?), exercise frequency, time, type, intensity, how long have you been dieting and what is your diet history, eg any fad diets, medical problems preventing you from exercising? Also please open your diary.

But before you do any of that, take a few deep breaths and relax, we're here to help you so enjoy the remainder of the weekend so far!

^ That. Context matters.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It's been 11 days, it's not a plateau.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    When you have been the exact same weight for 4 weeks, you can say you are on a plateau. You could change up your exercise and eat more protein and fewer carbs and see if that helps.