kiwi new on the message boards

Options
o hi guys,

i've actually been using the app for nearly a year and have just logged onto the message boards for about the first time. hi!

i'm a young woman in auckland, nz. i work in the public sector and do way too many extra curricular things. i'm horribly busy and sick right now. i've just got back into indoor climbing which is awesome fun. i detest every other form of exercise so it is good for me. i look forward to building a little muscle too.

all of my teeth are sweet and almost everything i eat is loaded with sugar. it's been hard learning to moderate that and has definitely been my biggest challenge. i like to eat to deal with stress too, lol, which is how i put on weight in the first place (did honours at uni in 2010 and my eating habits continued thereafter).

after understanding (and coming to peace with) my eating nearly a year ago i have used the app and lost... *drum roll*... 17kg just by counting calories. i figure my metabolism must be faster than i gave it credit for because according to how much i ate vs exercise, i probably should have lost about half that much max. anyhow, i'm a pretty ok size now but still use the app so that i know how much to eat. i don't seem to be able to gauge how/what to eat otherwise.

anywho. i'm very much in favour of people being happy and comfortable and respected at whatever size they are, but nonetheless i feel better having lost weight and also somewhat proud of myself for sticking with it.

that's me!

chur,
-michelle.

Replies

• seagull31
    seagull31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OK so this is about the only place i can celebrate my success so here is my attempt at that. i think i might have messed up the photos. oh well i'll try. before n after.

fatty_zps0a83062d.jpg

skinny_zps2bbe382b.jpg

weight2_zpsa4506646.jpg
  • seagull31
    Options
    lol ok so the weight one didn't really work. but whatevs. went from 67 to 50 in 10 months :)

also sorry for ****ty photos. first one is the only clear one i have at my heaviest. most recent one is ****ty photo i took on my phone this evening for comparison. you'll live :D
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on your loss!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulation on kicking butt in the weight lost. you look fablous
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Great job! And the graph is a good idea.
  • Kaymegan90
    Kaymegan90 Posts: 35
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations - you look great!
  • seagull31
    Options
    thanks guise! :D