Work outs or exercises to do at home?

Options
Because i'm kind of too shy to go running in public right now, i was wondering if anyone has like a home regime for fitness and cardio? ...i mean i do the 30 day shred from time to time but Jillians repetitive voice takes a toll on my motivation haha! ...and also, what actually burns fat effectively, i've been told jump rope?!

Replies

• iWalkEveryday
    iWalkEveryday Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill and a stationary cycle. I prefer using them than running on the streets for the following reasons :
    1) I can say "ok I am tired. I am going to lie down a bit" anytime.
    2) Water always available
    3) Can jog / cycle watching a movie or listening to something
    4) Won't be hit by a vehicle :P

I also have an xbox with Kinect and I have started using Your Shape Fitness Evolved. Quite a fun way to exercise. And yeah, the game has jump rope :)
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm doing p90x right now along with jumping rope and swimming. There's a bunch of workouts on YouTube that you can check out also.:drinker:
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's winter here so I'm trying to find things to do at home too. Just bought a second hand stationary bike. Also bought things called Valslides (which cost me a small fortune to have posted to Australia from the US but they are cool). There are heaps of videos of exercises to do using them on youtube.
  • MariG25
    MariG25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Push up's, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, jump squats, shoulder press, lunges pretty much everything you do with Jillian but with out the video. Also you can check out fat blasting videos at home on youtube. I'm almost done with the 30 day shred I'm on day24=) good luck.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Depends on what equipment you have. If none try Convict Conditioning, You Are Your Own Gym and NerdFitness.

ETA: To burn fat, you eat at a calorie deficit. Do weight/resistance training and make sure you are getting enough protein to prevent muscle mass loss.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I do the workouts from blogilates, the trainers name is Cassey & she posts free monthly calendars & uploads the workout videos to youtube. Her workouts are amazing, I've been doing them in my living room since November. :)

Here's a link to the beginners workout calendar that she made, you should check it out! You just have to subscribe to her newsletter to get the password for it & she'll send the password to your email every month for each new calendar. Her workouts are mostly Pilates and different types of cardio, I've lost 55 pounds so far from her videos & running.

http://www.blogilates.com/calendar/beginners-calendar-for-popsters-just-starting-out
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club. Free app loaded with awesome workouts. I've been using it three days a week for over a year and half, and I'm still not bored with it, nor have I done every workout. Good stuff.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/apps/nike-training-club
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do the Walk Away the Pounds videos. They're low-impact aerobics and easy enough that you can follow along by hitting mute on the TV and putting on your own iPod playlist. I vary up the different workouts and just ordered more dvds for great variety. 6 days strong with them. :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I ride my exercise bike and do video off youtube blogilates, fitness blender and toneitup have some really good workouts
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So far I am down 20lbs and I did it all by working out at home. I use dailyburn.com and lots of workout dvds. I only have ten pound weights to use at my house and so far that is all I need
  • tyal0523
    tyal0523 Posts: 70
    Options
    Have you looked into any of the beachbody programs, programs like Insanity, P90X, Brazilian Butt Lift, Hip Hop Abs, Les Mills Combat, Turbo Fire ect....... Beachbody is the number 1 home fitness DVD program on the market, and offer 100% money back guarantee's if you don't get the results you want. A lot of their programs are HIIT Programs, High Intensity Interval Training. I would love to help you meet your fitness needs!!!!!!! Message me if you have any questions
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home and by far the Beachbody programs have been great for me. I love the fact that there is a different workout everyday to keep it interesting and you have an easy calendar to follow! Just got done with Insanity and am currently doing Body Beast and starting Focus T25 tomorrow!!