I can't do this alone.

Options
I don't know how many times I've gone off the wagon.
Every time I would just end up gaining back all (if not more) the weight I've lost!

So I've started again (for the millionth time) - since May 2013 (but I wasn't part of Myfitnesspal yet then) and since then
I've went down from 87.2kg (191.8lbs) to 82.9kg (182.3lbs). But it's been almost two weeks that
my weight has not gone down and I'm thinking I'm not doing it right. That's why I need all the support I can get!

I need help. I know I can't do this alone.

Replies

• taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    Well done on your loss so far. I was a yo-yoer untill I got myfitnesspal the support on here is great keep it up hun and you will get there. I will add you now
  • CarlHKF
    CarlHKF Posts: 42
    Options
    You can do it, add me if you want
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. It took me (what feels like) months to finally just break 180. I still bounce back up around out, but it was just amazing to finally see 179. I think what finally made it move for me was just simple strength exercises and some cardio. I got a shake weight, some dumb bells, a thigh master, and a jump rope, and it was only after starting to use those along with a few body weight exercises did the scale move. I feel like some workout routines are too complicated. I enjoy the simple, easy-to-remember exercises. I just started the 30 Day Shred too. Add me if you'd like!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Stay with mfp and You will get the support u need .....honestly if u are committed and ready then this will help
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'll help you but be ready to hear the truth if I have to say it.
  • ninnyfurr74
    ninnyfurr74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Nope none of us can! That is why we have MFP! Ok so you've hit a plateau, they suck! I would recheck your BMR or TDEE if you do it that way to make sure you are where you need to be calorie wise. If you are ok there then maybe try upping your exercise. Not necessarily the amount but intensity. Also maybe try a new exercise routine to work different muscles and maybe give your metabolism a kick in the butt. I like cycling, but just started running. Cardio is great to burn calories, but strength training is important too. The more muscle you build the more calories you will burn. Also if your calorie intake is to low, it has been debated you can put your body into starvation mode, where all it wants to do is conserve. You could try upping calories for a week and then dropping back down. It's hard to say with out more info. Feel free to friend me and I'll give the best advice I can and lot's of moral support!:flowerforyou:
  • ninnyfurr74
    ninnyfurr74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. It took me (what feels like) months to finally just break 180. I still bounce back up around out, but it was just amazing to finally see 179. I think what finally made it move for me was just simple strength exercises and some cardio. I got a shake weight, some dumb bells, a thigh master, and a jump rope, and it was only after starting to use those along with a few body weight exercises did the scale move. I feel like some workout routines are too complicated. I enjoy the simple, easy-to-remember exercises. I just started the 30 Day Shred too. Add me if you'd like!
    Where'd you find the jump rope? I've been wanting to get one of those!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    In the long run you want to find your 'sweet spot', where you're not too hungry but still lose weight. Otherwise, it's hard to keep going.
  • berfy
    berfy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm trying to climb back on that wagon myself!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    sending friends request
  • robynatk99
    robynatk99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sending a request also...I've fallen off the wagon..been ran over by it....I wanna pull it! This time is different... :D