Can anyone recommend a decent heart monitor?

Options
I am looking for a heart monitor, so I can track my burned calories more accurately. I don't want to spend a fortune, but don't want to waste money on a cheap and it turning out to be rubbish. Any Ideas?

Replies

• Lulufifi1994
    Lulufifi1994 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wondering the same thing. Bump.
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    polar ft60
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 on amazon. Love it!
  • chrismeece74
    Options
    My wife and I both have the Polar FT-4, we love them!
  • dentedcan
    dentedcan Posts: 29
    Options
    I use the Polar H7 for the bluetooth to my iPhone. Love it, though I see the FT-4 suggested all the time here. Not sure what the difference is.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT4. Honestly, I think most of the Polar HRMs are solid, though I'm no expert... they just seem to be "the name" in HRMs.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 - we have one each.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 on amazon. Love it!

This. It's $60 and works great. Easy to figure out and use.
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a Polar ft7 girl. Has more functionality than the 4.

Here's the product comparisons:http://heart-rate-monitors.findthebest.com/compare/5-23/Polar-FT7-vs-Polar-FT4
  • avidisson
    avidisson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Polar make the best HRM, in my opinion. Check out http://www.polar.com/en/products to find what suits you best. I have an RCX5, but I really like RC3 with integrated GPS. But I usually only do my workouts outside - so I like to be able to track how far I went and how fast. But if you're just looking for an HRM to use in the gym. Any version should do.. :)
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    +1 for the polar FT4 i love it.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've got a Polar FT80. No complaints at all. If I had to do it again I would buy a cheaper version from Polar because I don't use all the extra functions the FT80 has.
  • MAvila66
    MAvila66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As far as monitoring Calorie burn. Consider / check out the BodyMedia armband, It is not a heart rate monitor but monitors your caloric burn rate in different ways. All explained on their website. BodyMedia.com

Sync's great with with MFP as well.