Master Cleanse Anyone

Options
I was wondering the general thoughts/ likes/dislikes of the master cleanse. I know most of you are champions of fitness and weightloss, so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts. I have tried it before but I didn't maintain the weight loss because I went back into my old habits of eating poorly and not exercising. I may try it for a 5 day stint to boost my weightloss..but I'm still debating.

All thoughts welcomed

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't bother. You'll be better off just tracking your calories and loosing weight for real. In the 5 days you'll just loose a bunch of water and throw yourself into starvation mode.
  • Actuality
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't bother. You'll be better off just tracking your calories and loosing weight for real. In the 5 days you'll just loose a bunch of water and throw yourself into starvation mode.

I agree....However right now I am doing a 9 day detox. Part of fat smash. I am eating a lot but good foods... grains, fruits and vegetables. I have loads of energy...so much so that I have been spinning and Zumba my butt off!! Hope I can really get most of my butt off...
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Master Cleanse - fast way to lose weight, including muscle. Great way to slow down the metabolism.
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I agree....However right now I am doing a 9 day detox. Part of fat smash. I am eating a lot but good foods... grains, fruits and vegetables. I have loads of energy...so much so that I have been spinning and Zumba my butt off!! Hope I can really get most of my butt off...

I have been following ( almost) the extreme fat smash, but there is no 9 day detox in my book. What does it consist of?
  • cathyfigueroa
    cathyfigueroa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Brit

What book are you reading, and does it tell you what to eat, I'm interested in this can you tell me more about it. I just started on this website 2 weeks ago and I've only lost 2 pounds.

Cathy
  • cathyfigueroa
    Options
    If anyone can suggest a good book about cleansing please let me know,

Cathy:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I just started on this website 2 weeks ago and I've only lost 2 pounds.

Cathy

I think that's a good, steady amount of weight loss per week. Losing more than that puts you at risk of losing muscle.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

I have been following ( almost) the extreme fat smash, but there is no 9 day detox in my book. What does it consist of?

Fat smash is the first book and the 9 day cleanse is great. You do not go to any extreme measures like this master cleanse. Basically for 9 days you can eat all the veggies and fruit you want, no potatoes, bread or pasta or avocado. You get 4 egg whites per day, 2 cups of brown rice, 2 - 8oz servings of dairy a day and beans for protein, no animal meat. It is meant to get your sytem regulated by basically getting our bodies back to basics. I did this and the first few days were hard but I felt great afterwards and I lost 9 lbs, which was a great "kick start" and got me motivated.

With fat smash you gradually add ALL foods back into your diet, it's basically all about portions and eating the right amounts of each type of food. He even goes over having pancakes and real bacon at some point. My only recommendation if you do it is plan ahead for phase 2. You start to add foods back and I didn't plan meals so I ended up eating what I was feeding the family but I have lost 30 lbs so far.

If you read any of his books they are not about eliminating anything permanently, and you can repeat the phases in any order if needed. I would HIGHLY recommend going this route vs. that awful tasting master cleanse because the master cleanse seems so unhealthy and of course you gain it back because it isnt teaching you how to control the eating which is why most of us are here. :wink:
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am loving all the comments. Thanks you guys. I may have to go get the first fat smash book to check that out. I am really trying to get back into a size four. And the weight is coming off so slowly it's driving me insane. I will say this about the master cleanse from my previous experience. I never felt so darn energized than I have being on that crazy fast. Also I was ( at least after the first week of so) DISGUSTED by fast food. I tried to eat a rally's fry 2 or so days after and threw up. It really gets your body back on track as far as what it likes to eat. But..for now I think I will get off the master cleanse train and stick to this eat stop eat for the month of sept and see where that gets me.

Thanks again for all the insight! I love this place...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Brit I have to tell you after about day 2 or 3 of the fat smash I felt awesome, tons of energy and motivated to keep going. I am starting day one of phase one again tomorrow. You can find a lot of the fat smash info online but the book is around $10 or even cheaper if you have a used book store near you :wink:
  • cathyfigueroa
    Options
    Brit,
    I'm new at this and confused, I hope I'm right, are you the one I ask about the info on a book? And are you the one that wrote back and and gave all the information to me? If you are, thank you so much for sharing this info with me I wasn't sure if I wrote to the right person about the cleanse. I can't weight to get started. Thank you so much.
  • cathyfigueroa
    Options
    Brit I went and bought the Fat Smash Diet book 9 day detox starting today. I 'm just strating to read now this morning I look at the menu. That seems like alot of food through the day 4 egg whites, 2 cups of brown rice, oatmeal yograt,fruit salad I have to read more is this per day can't be. Thanks for sharing. Love the exercising part do that anyway.