Best exercise programs for cellulite?

Options
I have pretty bad cellulite on the backs of my thighs. Anyone been successful in eliminating theirs? What is the magic answer?? And timeframe?

Replies

• esme1983
    esme1983 Posts: 60
    Options
    Watching!!

I've been working out really hard and it's slowly improving but one day I feel like I'm nearly there, the I catch sight of it or hold on to it with my hands and it just feels so hopeless. It's been with me for so long I can't see it ever going.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My legs are solid muscles and the cellulite hasn't disappeared even a little bit!!! I do lunges, squats, and dead-lift with weights!!! So lets see what advice you get!!
  • snowcoon
    snowcoon Posts: 50
    Options
    I'd love to know too!!
  • j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have had success with keeping cellulite away is getting regular massages. I get Shiatsu once a month and I think it makes a world of difference. Cellulite comes from poor circulation, so anything that improves that will do the trick. My masseuse has iron thumbs, she will make you cry, but I think this is one of the side benefits I hadn't counted on.
  • TiannaJaniece
    TiannaJaniece Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cellulite can't be rid of via exercise or even nutrition, because cellulite isn't just fat. Cellulite is the pattern of muscle texture and fat cells that have been stagnant underneath skin long enough to make a visible pattern. Diet and exercise can shrink the fat cells, which will make cellulite less visible... but the only real way to get rid of it is actually through massage, upped water intake, and exfoliation. When you drink more water, the skin becomes less gripped to your inner body, when you massage the affected area, circulation increases (so you circulate your blood between that muscle and fat texture and your skin) and exfoliation repeated the process of massaging except in a different way.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting with a very small calorie deficit greatly reduced mine.
  • GogreenLex
    Options
    Isn't cellulite trapped fat under the skin?
    I think if you continue to work your legs with strength training, in time you will notice it diminishing.
    Thats what I hope and what I'm working on myself.
    I like running and I do lots of squats and yoga too.. and I still have very visible cellulite.
    But in reality, who the heck doesn't? (:

Alexis
    (Trying to get more into these discussion boards to keep me motivated.)