Jillian Michaels and TurboFire

Options
Hi guys,

So i just started doing TurboFire, but i am also just 4 days short of finished Ripped in 30, i love Jillian Michaels, but I was wondering what do you prefer? I love TurboFire because the workout is so fun, but will it tone me like in Jillian Michaels?

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I've never done TurboFire, but I'm restarting Body Revolution soon (had to stop due to sickness). I love her programs so much! From what I understand from people who've done both, is that turbo fire really does get you lean and toned quickly, but it's more difficult, and a lot of times people feel that they are TOO muscled. Where as with Jillian Michaels, the changes are a bit slower, but the outcomes are generally better and her programs are much easier to follow along with. This is only what I've heard, but I know lots of people on here have done both, so you should be able to get a pretty good pro and con list going on both. I think another big factor is how much weight you're looking to lose.
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)

Also, i just wanted to ask, female trainers like Jillian Michaels, Charlean and even athletic women like runners and swimmers, all seem to lack shape. I like my curves, (albeit a little chunky) you can still see the indent between breasts, waist and hips, but you dont see it with these women, they seem almost cuboidal there, why is this?
  • lollypoppet
    Options
    Or, is it just genetics, or because they have been doing it for hours a day for years and years cause thats their 'thing'
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Thank you :)

Also, i just wanted to ask, female trainers like Jillian Michaels, Charlean and even athletic women like runners and swimmers, all seem to lack shape. I like my curves, (albeit a little chunky) you can still see the indent between breasts, waist and hips, but you dont see it with these women, they seem almost cuboidal there, why is this?

I always wondered this too. However, Jillian still seems to have a very feminine shape to me. Charlean doesn't. I read something or heard that certain ab exercises will basically make you a box. Haha! Those side to side movements over and over tighten the muscles along your side and eliminate the "muffin top" (along with the general curve.) I noticed Jillian didn't do quite as much in that area. Soooo....I prefer Jillian's workouts.
    I didn't like TurboFire because I guess I totally lack coordination. I only got about 10 minutes in before I had to stop it because I couldn't get the moves down....so I was just hopping around like an idiot. I tried multiple times and did the 'new to class' option, but I just can't seem to get the moves down because she switched too quickly.
  • lollypoppet
    Options
    I noticed something similar too, but I think i find turbo fire more like a dance class which i love, but i do like to throw in some of Jillian to mix it up a bit, keep some variety and stuff :) I guess that cuboid effect comes after a very long time.
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's genetics. Look at women like the tennis William's sisters. They are VERY curvy, yet VERY athletic. You just have to see what your end body shape ends up being, and learn to love it.
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    I love Chalene Johnson and all of her programs, and I don't think she is too bulky or square, if anything I would love to look like her! And she is very motivating.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I may be talking rubbish but Turbofire is mainly cardio so,I,doubt if it would make you too muscled. Do you mean Chalean Extreme?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lollypoppet
    Options
    I may be talking rubbish but Turbofire is mainly cardio so,I,doubt if it would make you too muscled. Do you mean Chalean Extreme?

It's just from researching things, because Jillian uses a lot of weights and stuff in her workouts, but Charlean is cardio. I dunno :/
  • lollypoppet
    Options
    what is bump? :/
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    what is bump? :/

It mean people are just putting a post in to 'bump' this thread to the top or it maybe because they can then see it easily under 'My topics'.
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    TurboFire is cardio, but not everything Chalene Johnson does is cardio. She has an excellent strength training program called "Chalean Extreme". She also has the good old Turbo Jam workouts (both cardio and strength training).
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOOOVE TurboFire - it is the only workout program that makes me WANT to work out, you know? The workouts are so much fun, and I lost 30 lbs when I did the program. I think you can totally keep your curves if you want to keep them. Remember, you are in charge of what you look like. And even though Chalene's core looks sort of "boxy" in the videos, she doesn't look like that now; I met her in Vegas last month!!!
  • lollypoppet
    Options
    I completely understand! I actually do look forward because they're so much fun! :) I totally understand. Oh wow. that is great well done on 30lbs!! I wanna lose that much too!

Also, how long did it take for you to notice a change in TurboFire? With JM it took me about a week.