My First Post

Options
I joined MFP three days ago and have taken some time to get the feel of how it works. Nice job BTW and thanks!
I started my diet on the first of June at 493 pounds. With the help of my cardiologist and a great nutritionalist at the veterans hospital I am well on my way to being healthy.
When I joined this site on the 3rd of july I was 473 pounds. I know it sounds drastic but I had a lot of water. Hence the cardiologist.
Cannot walk far but working on it daily and thanks to this site I can see it in print, It helps me to see it.
The one thing I wish I could change is in the exercise part. I need to keep track of my steps not just time spent for my dietition. Other than that so far I love it here.
Hope to make a few friends and loose 313 pounds.
I cook a lot from scratch, grow a garden and can a lot of my own foods.
I do see a lot of posts where people use prepackaged foods. I do feel sorry for you. The flavor just isnt there and the nutrition is salty. But heres to being FRIENDS!

Replies

• KimJohn2013
    Options
    That is a great start you have had, keep up the good work and the more weight you loose the easier it will be for you to exercise.

I do all my cooking from scratch to except i do order take out food that is my down fall at night time when i feel hungry i wil pick up the phone and order out but i am now getting better at not doing that.

Keep up the good work and good luck with the future
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I wish you good luck on your path to good health... Feel free to friend me if I can help.:flowerforyou:
  • simply_meggie
    simply_meggie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful to hear that you are working on a healthier life style. Keep up the good work! :)
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    Good work and keep going. One of the hardest steps is starting- good luck to you on your journey. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Well done to you! For taking the first steps on your journey!
    You can do it :D
  • Lucy2pointOh
    Options
    Oh wow, you're off to an awesome start! I "rejoined" MFP a couple days ago as well and was thrilled to see just how much weight I'd lost since the last time I logged in last year. It really does add to the experience when we can actually see the breakdown or chart of our eating and exercise habbits, the changes in them and the changes in ourselves as a result.

You're so right on with the prepackaged food. If you read some of the labels its down right scary how much crap we put into our bodies via these outlets. Even some of the "health" foods are seriously out of proportion when it comes to dietary needs. Not to mention the preservatives. Ick!

If there's one thing I've learned through my billion diet journey it's that fresh and natural are the way to go for the most part and you can't get much fresher then home grown. Now if only I could figure out how to make my own almond milk ;-)
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Welcome. Find EdDavenport and check out his journey. He's amazing!:happy: