I cannot BELIEVE IT! - NSV 5K!

Options
13»

Replies

• kats1957
    kats1957 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! I'm 55 and if I can do it you can do it! I can only run for about 1 minute at a time. I live in the country, so when I go for a walk (really walk/jog), I run from one utility pole to the next. If I feel I can keep going I do, I try to get to at least the 3rd one. If I set a goal that I can see ( a pole or tree, or something) that helps me with endurance. I walk in between to catch my breath. If I'm at the gym, I use the treadmill, and walk for 3 minutes, and then jog for as long as I can (usually a minute) and then slow down to a walk (with incline) to catch my breath...but still at 3.5 MPH at least. The treadmill is much easier on my knees/ankles!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! now you will be addicted, signing up for every race lol
  • kats1957
    kats1957 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! I'm 55 and if I can do it you can do it! I can only run for about 1 minute at a time. I live in the country, so when I go for a walk (really walk/jog), I run from one utility pole to the next. If I feel I can keep going I do, I try to get to at least the 3rd one. If I set a goal that I can see ( a pole or tree, or something) that helps me with endurance. I walk in between to catch my breath. If I'm at the gym, I use the treadmill, and walk for 3 minutes, and then jog for as long as I can (usually a minute) and then slow down to a walk (with incline) to catch my breath...but still at 3.5 MPH at least. The treadmill is much easier on my knees/ankles!

Sorry, this one was for pacsqueen! Newbie here!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats!!! Running your first race is such an accomplishment!! The endorphins are addictive. My race calendar is so stuffed this year lol. Everyone who wants to run can run as long as they don't have a physical limitation stopping them. I started running 1 mile at 300 pounds and now can run up to 13.1 miles straight. It's also helped me lose 116 pounds ????
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    You are an amazing inspiration to me. I actually have my first 5K coming up in September and I have days where I ask myself WTF were you thinking but I've paid the fees, committed with a team of co-workers so there's no looking back. My goal has always been to just come in under an hour. I've started using the C25K app on my phone to train but have really slacked off the past 2 weeks. Thank you again for sharing this tremendous NSV with us, you've motivated me to lace my shoes back up. : ).
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • vikidenn
    vikidenn Posts: 20
    Options
    That is amazing! You have determination and have proven that you can finish anything once you make you mind up to do it!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! & GREAT JOB!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!