Christmas is killing me!!!!!

This has been a hard month. In the last week the scale has said I gained 3 lbs. I am so depressed. I should be getting a visit from Aunt Flow this Sunday put I never put that much on, and I havent been all that careful about what I eat. I mean I'm not going crazy and eating millions of calories but for example my family took us out to Olive Garden on day and then the next I had some drinks with my husband and so on and so forth. I feel like how the hell can I slip up just for a week and gain that much back. If that is true, how will I ever keep this weight off for the rest of my life??? Its just really depressing

Replies

• athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    This has been a hard month. In the last week the scale has said I gained 3 lbs. I am so depressed. I should be getting a visit from Aunt Flow this Sunday put I never put that much on, and I havent been all that careful about what I eat. I mean I'm not going crazy and eating millions of calories but for example my family took us out to Olive Garden on day and then the next I had some drinks with my husband and so on and so forth. I feel like how the hell can I slip up just for a week and gain that much back. If that is true, how will I ever keep this weight off for the rest of my life??? Its just really depressing
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Keep in mind that we are getting a good bit more salt then we normally do. I am not even stepping on the scales until I have had a full week of “eating right“. If I were to get on the scales right now I am sure I would pass out from the shock of how much more they would say I weigh right now.
    I have been with family and eating “holiday food” since last Friday. I still have one more day of it.
    I have had ham two times. And we all know what ham has lots of…salt. I feel slap porky right now.
    Don’t look at the scales and if you do remember our bodies have to have time to deal with the extra food and the different foods that we have been putting in them. Also remember Christmas only comes once a year and this one holiday isn’t going to make us gain all the weight we have lost back in this short time. It is all the days in between that will do us in if we were to continue to eat this way everyday the rest of the year.
    Yes we have just gone through Thanksgiving but it was a month ago and now we have the rest of the year to get a grip on our eating habits and lose what we want and need to lose.
    So chin up hun and remember we will get through this and we will keep the weight off.
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    Enjoy your time with your family and friends.
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    I said at the beginning of this whole diet that I did not want to be miserable for the next 6 months. Yes I want to lose weight, but not at the the risk of my sanity and healthy relationships. If I have a bad day because I am with friends and enjoy things a little too much, oh well. There will always be time to make up for it with exercise/etc., but you can't get back that day that you had so much fun. I bet you are doing better than you think. Yeah you had some drinks. I'm not giving that stuff up. But maybe you only had 2 drinks instead of the normal 3. Or you had one cookie instead of 2. The fact that you think before doing is what matters the most. Enjoy the holidays! We'll all be complaining come next week about how much work we have cut out for us. Doesn't misery love company??
  • I know what you mean about christmas weight gain. I gained 2 lbs just over a 3 day period. It really sucks. It's all that cookie, cake, and pies that my sister-in-laws and I make. Oh yeah, also all those shots and drinks. Maybe next year we'll make a rule where we only make the goodies for our husbands and kids. ha ha. I guess it's time to go on the ski machine and 1 hour of aerobics.
    It is always hard on the holidays, but once all the family is gone I do good and go back on my diet and exercise.:grumble:
  • I feel your pain. I ate a whole day worth of calories yesterday between 3 and 6 p.m. That hurts. The day before wasn't any better. I ate my whole day worth of calories within a couple of hours. I went way over in calories both days. However, I made sure I did a lot of extra exercising. I had a hard time fitting in long aerobic routines so I did multiple short ones.

I did 10 minutes around 9:00 in the morning, 10 minutes at 1:00 and 10 minutes when I returned home at 8:00. It seems easier to get it in that way. I usually like to just exercise in the morning before work but the time home sometimes was harder.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I'm with Loretta_Jo and lizard9800, I want to eat healthy and I want to enjoy family and a couple of days off won't kill what I do the rest of the year. I have enjoyed today and I did not really stress out about the food part. It's a special time with family and friends. I've had so many nice comments about how good I look compared to four months ago that I know I have the will power to finish what I started and any little setback will not depress me. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I received the snowshoes I asked for so I am all set to go exercise off all the holiday I had today. My family has been super supportive and I have many new exercise toys to play with lol. Enjoy the new year coming!~Karen
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    yes this christmas time is a hard one where i work people are bring in food for us all the time and if it is there i normally eat it a good thing for me im just starting out,, and now i am really sick of all the junk food it is time to eat healhy!!!!!!!!!!!! i am ready i think !!!!!!!!
  • :glasses: ...... i still try to track ...... didn't gain..... i am so extreme overweight and so happy about this site:drinker: .....since i started in november i lost 12 happy pounds and during the holidays i am just on hold :flowerforyou:
    i sarted my walking again and i am so happy that i am getting stronger:happy: my husband sees i lost .
    and with gods will . i keep on going .my goal is 190lbs or 200 lbs . so i dont wanna be reaaaal skinny just feel better . be arond my kids and maybe more of them:blushing: .
    and i won't give up my walking:love: i love it.
    thanks to all of you guys and to my fitnesspal:happy:
    happy holidays and a blessed new year :flowerforyou:
    dont give up you are stronger than you ever can imagin:heart: