Before and After

Options
chezjuan
chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
I never took before/after pics, but I was going through pictures today and came across 2 that, as it turns out, show the changes quite well. To get where I am, I went from completely sedentary to working out 5 times or more a week. I really started watching my calorie intake too.

Before: 250 lbs. Shirt size on the cusp of XXL, waist almost 40 inches.

1a2e1f06-3d3b-4b04-ba08-97e96a3d6e22_zpsabad82ad.jpg

After: 185 lbs. Shirt size L, waist 34 inches*.

670d14c4-1560-4868-8b0e-4acc2425b302_zpsf2920337.jpg

My main problem (outside of not moving) was not paying attention to the amount of calories in what I was eating, and I ate a lot of calorie-dense foods. For example, my go-to after work snack is cheese and crackers. I now have 1 oz of cheese on 4 crackers. I used to have more like 2 or 3 ounces of cheese on however many crackers it took. Logging really helped me realize that and control the intake.

I printed the top picture and keep it around to remind me to keep it up when I need motivation.

*though the jeans I was wearing in this pic are still too big... I hadn't gotten to the point of getting new clothes when this was taken.

Edit to fix bad image link

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!