5'4 200+ lbs...anyone out there??

Options
cgirly007
cgirly007 Posts: 53 Member
Hi, I'm Candace. I will be officially starting tomorrow on my weight loss journey. I've tried this site before but without joining groups or having friends so hopefully being more involved will help. Feel free to add me if you need some encouragement or motivation...I know I will!

Replies

• cath14967
    cath14967 Posts: 27
    Options
    The chinese have a proverb

'A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step'

You have taken your first step hope we can take loads more together!
  • MzFiaSkinny
    Options
    Hi Candace, I'm Davia. I too decided to start this week and i think having friends who can encourage one another and share success stories with will really help us with our journey to lose weight.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace,
    I am 5'3 and 200+ lbs. Just joined today.
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Candice, I started Jan. 24, 2013 and its the best decision I've made in a long time. Welcome!!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I was...good luck!
    My tips- Log your food everyday, every when you blow it. Think of your calories as a weekly goal, not a daily goal. If you blow it one day, just cut back or exercise more the next. Weigh and measure your food- not knowing what you actually eat can bite you in the butt. Eat at least 80% your exercise calories, eating too little wont make you more successful in the long run. Shoot for 1 pound loss per week, but know some weeks you might not lose anything. If you plateau for longer than 6 weeks, your probably eating to much for your activity level. 80% of weight loss is diet, so if you can't get yourself motivated to exercise yet, just focus on the food. If you want to exercise, but don't know where to start, just move more. 10,000 steps a day will make such a difference, even if you do them slowly.
  • soon2bskinnygirl
    Options
    Good for u!!!!! I also wasn't very involved with this app the first time around so hopefully it goes better for the both of us the second time around!!!!
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was 202 when I started mid February. I'm down 38 pounds so far. :). You can do it, I agree with the log every day. We went to a Chinese buffet last night- not my choice- took a friend out for her birthday. I was over, but I mentally had to keep track of what I was eating to I could log it- I this it helped keep me under control. Feel free to friend me!
  • lexon5
    lexon5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Im 5 ft 2 and 200+ pounds. I too have used fitness pal before with some sucess and have rejoined this week to try and get me on track.

Hopefully we will both find some motivation from here and can keep each other in check.
  • veggielove33
    veggielove33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request, welcome to MFP!
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Ann_Marie_2x_MORE Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Close enough - 5'5 200+ pounds here!
  • tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    started April 15th. Like you, again... Good luck! I will send you a friend request. Slow and steady wins the war :-) ~Tracy
  • DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'4"...I have been on this site for almost a month...I enjoy it. Love all the encouragement I get from my friends. I am determined.
  • WthBetch
    WthBetch Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, Candace! I'm also 200+ and starting my weight loss journey tomorrow. I'd love to meet new people and have friends to help with my motivation! :3

Good luck on your awesome journey!
  • adricharlie72
    adricharlie72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace...I just started on here last week. I started my weight loss journey in March and decided to try this to see if it would help motivate me and keep me going. I was 200+ when I started and have lost just over 30 pounds since March.

Good luck!!
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to MFP! Started at 195 @ 5'3" (close enough!) Just take it one step at a time, and have a healthy caloric deficit. Remember slow and steady wins the race!
  • wrubsie76
    wrubsie76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace. I joined this site 2 years ago for the first time and lost over 60 lbs! Then life happened and I lost track of my diet and exercise and I stopped using this site. I gained back 40 pounds. I started using this site again in June and I am determined to get the weight off again and keep it off this time! I just hit the 199 mark (again grrrrr) and my goal weight is 150. Please feel free to add me and we can walk this journey together!
  • Marvie13
    Marvie13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey.. im 5'6 and 200 + and looking for friends and motivation.. i've been off the site for a few years and only back on in the last couple of months..
    anyone feel free to add me too..
  • HappyFeetXOXO
    HappyFeetXOXO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great tips!
  • HappyFeetXOXO
    HappyFeetXOXO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Tips, ECW! Never thought of the 80% idea.
    I was...good luck!
    My tips- Log your food everyday, every when you blow it. Think of your calories as a weekly goal, not a daily goal. If you blow it one day, just cut back or exercise more the next. Weigh and measure your food- not knowing what you actually eat can bite you in the butt. Eat at least 80% your exercise calories, eating too little wont make you more successful in the long run. Shoot for 1 pound loss per week, but know some weeks you might not lose anything. If you plateau for longer than 6 weeks, your probably eating to much for your activity level. 80% of weight loss is diet, so if you can't get yourself motivated to exercise yet, just focus on the food. If you want to exercise, but don't know where to start, just move more. 10,000 steps a day will make such a difference, even if you do them slowly.
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    Welcome.I just joined yesterday myself. I'm 5'3", 300+. This site is very helpful and everyone is very encouraging.