Doing everything right and still gain?

Options
I don't get it. I've been under my 1400 calories every day. Exercised 3 days this week (which I'm trying to work up to more days per week) and I gained a pound! What did I do wrong?

Replies

• MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates due to water retention. My weight varies up to 4 pounds when I am retaining water. Also if you are working out a lot your muscles retain liquid as they repaid which will make a gain too.
    Also if you eat a lot of Salt your body will retain fluid because of the excess salt.
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    hormones, water retention, it's just how it goes..

One week is nothing in the grand scheme of things so I wouldn't stress too much - especially if you know you have been sticking to your plan..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Don't give the scale a lot of power.

Keep doing the right things, be consistent and know that it will pay off. Weight loss is not a linear thing. You will have weeks of up and weeks of big downs - and weeks of no change.

Long term success is about a pattern of behavior over a long period of time.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium and carbs!!! and dont under feed yourself!! the body will get stubborn cause it thinks there is No food to be found so eat and eat a lot but fresh fruits and veggies all the low cal foods that will tell your body there is plenty of food and it can let go of some of the stored up fat!! :) Good Luck!! xxx
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    What's your height and weight? I"m thinking you may be eating too little..
  • barb16lee
    barb16lee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 275 lbs
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    try calorie cycling
    your body might get used to the calories your giving it, keep it guessing.
  • melanielupien
    melanielupien Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What's your height and weight? I"m thinking you may be eating too little..

I agree, when I was at 1400 calories a day, I wasn't losing. I added another 200 calories (total of 1600 a day) and I started losing the weight fast.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    0Eat more..seeing how you weigh 275, u may want to bump your calories up to, don't fall over when u read it, but..2000,your not fueling your body easily put. Try it for 2 weeks..
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i agree, at 275, i think you need to eat more calories per day.

and remember, getting fit is first and foremost a test of persistance and patience. don't ask yourself why you gained a pound today. ask yourself, "did I do what i needed to do today to be healthier and fitter than i was yesterday?" if the answer is yes, then don't worry about the scale.