Protein ideas for snackin'

Options
I need ideas for snacks that have protein in them. I'm trying really hard to get my allotment in.

So far I have boiled eggs and meat/cheese roll-ups, then I draw a blank.

Could you guys suggest some other options?

Replies

• leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I love canned white meat chicken. Canned tuna or things like that are easy, have pop-off lids now.

Have a handy supply of cheese cubes.
  • burbmama
    burbmama Posts: 51
    Options
    This is a HUGE focus for me right now..

Cottage Cheese (only need half cup)
    Goldfish crackers (you would be amazed at the protein, 1 serving was like 6g)
    String Cheese
    4 OZ meat
    Milk
    Peanut Butter
    Egg
    Tuna Fish
    Baked Potato
    Kashi Frozen meals
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I also have a jar in my refrigerator for pickled eggs with beets (it's a PA/OH thing). Changes the taste. And don't forget egg salad.

Mozarella balls.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Oh so awful for your sodium count but I TRULY rely on beef jerky (love the jalapeno carne seco and Costco steak strips) to get me through when I am hungry and trying to restrict calories but get protein and feel satisfied. Currently I am cutting up 2oz of the steak strips and small pieces and having them around for snacking. It is only 100 calories...
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    For on the go, I eat Quest bars and protein shakes. I have a little cooler that I can plunk the shake in to take with me. For around 200 calories my shake gives me about 30 grams of protein, the Quest bar gives me around 21 grams of protein (plus about the same amount of fiber) for around 180 calories. I do enjoy hard boiled eggs, but I rarely remember to make them during the summer.

For me, the point of a snack is to be able to grab it and go. But those two options help keep me on track for hitting my daily protein numbers.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I also have a jar in my refrigerator for pickled eggs with beets (it's a PA/OH thing). Changes the taste. And don't forget egg salad.

Mozarella balls.

I also do pickled red beet eggs.. there's always a large jar in the fridge. I think it's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. :)

I eat a lot of tuna & salmon packets over salad. Terriyaki grilled chicken chunks with steamed broccoli and carrots is my go-to big snack.
  • DietCokeGal
    DietCokeGal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is a HUGE focus for me right now..

Cottage Cheese (only need half cup)
    Goldfish crackers (you would be amazed at the protein, 1 serving was like 6g)
    String Cheese
    4 OZ meat
    Milk
    Peanut Butter
    Egg
    Tuna Fish
    Baked Potato
    Kashi Frozen meals

OH! Peanut butter!!! Good idea.
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love those little individual Chobani Greek yoghurt tubs -- each contains about 14g protein, off the top of my head. And so many flavours! :smile:
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Mozarella balls.

It's a Michigan thing, too. LOL.
  • dmeyerman
    dmeyerman Posts: 27
    Options
    I love those little individual Chobani Greek yoghurt tubs -- each contains about 14g protein, off the top of my head. And so many flavours! :smile:

^ Greek Yogurt is a great source, I also like a little little Beef Jerky, but if you want to stay away from meat or dairy. . . Quinoa is a good source of grain protein too!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder bars are my favorite!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, Kashi Go Lean cereal, low fat string cheese, boiled eggs (though I don't eat the yolks since I think they're gross), every now and again I'll just snack on some no salt added sliced turkey breast (though I usually save that for wraps). And my breakfast is frequently organic whey protein powder with fruit and unsweetened almond milk, since I, too, struggle to hit my protein macro without it!
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hummus, edamame, cottage cheese, queso fresco....pretty much cheese.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    BEEEF JERKY!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    frozen, pre-cooked cocktail shrimp
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Mozarella balls.
    I make these all the time! Yum!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the premier protein bars. They have 30g per bar and are good.
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Quinoa! add it to a garden salad. Or take quinoa add some black beans and tomatoes/green chiles. Or for a sweet treat add a few dark choc morsels and walnuts, microwave it and YUM!
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I always suck at hitting my protein....
  • DietCokeGal
    DietCokeGal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    frozen, pre-cooked cocktail shrimp
    Good idea!