Success Pics of Women that Look Like Me....;)

Options
I am a 225lb, 5'6, African American woman. With that said, I would love to see more success pics of women fitting my description. May it be weight, height, or race. I want to see success stories that fits who I am. I am not being discriminating to anyone (except for males). I read one posts with the similar request as me, to see pictures of women that looks like her, and I could not believe how some members responded to a person wanting and needing to see someone that fits her body type. We are all different, but at the same time we are the same. Sometimes a single or minute difference can set us aside from the rest. For instance, a women weighing 300lbs and an amputee, may want to see a woman fitting her description. Are we going to attack her for wanting to connect to someone like her when she is apart of this large community with other women with all parts of their body. Wouldn't you think even though she has the support of MFP she could relate more with someone like her? Now let's flip it for a moment, what if an able body woman requested only able body women success stories? How do you think the woman, who is an amputee, will feel? Why would an able body woman post something like that when her body type is fully represented through out MFP.

Think about the men on MFP, I am pretty sure they look at other men's success stories to get inspiration and to relate with someone with their body type.

With all that nonsense said...I Want To Pictures Of African American Women!!!! Honestly anyone can post or comment, but lets keep it positive. We are all on the same journey.

Replies

• dutchess4884
    Options
    Just sent you an invite for the group SHADES OF BROWN its just what your looking for. The site admins dont allow for this type of thread . Weve tried ! So join our group , we'd love to have you and will be doing a challenge as well to motivate each other.
  • aharper84
    aharper84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just sent you an invite for the group SHADES OF BROWN its just what your looking for. The site admins dont allow for this type of thread . Weve tried ! So join our group , we'd love to have you and will be doing a challenge as well to motivate each other.

I was just going to comment to her that I saw you started this group earlier. Good luck on your journey!
  • DFineMrsRicks
    DFineMrsRicks Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I just joined.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" as well. Started out at 324 and am around 240 right now :smile:

Can't wait to be down to 225! :flowerforyou:

867134_5147.jpg
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

867134_5147.jpg

fabulous transformation!

There is a really good FB page "Black women losing weight" providing stories, inspiration, specific issues geared towards ethnic women. I have also gotten some good tips on new meals. Good luck on your journey!!
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

867134_5147.jpg

You are so freakin' awesome and HOT...you go girl...xox Tiff
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!