South beach diet help??

Options
I started the south beach diet on Monday and I've noticed that a lot of people are eating like, 20g of carbs a day. I'm eating all approved foods but I'm in the 40-60g a day range. Am I doing this wrong? Am I not going to get the results I'm looking for? :cry:

Replies

• rkkm29
    rkkm29 Posts: 7
    Options
    I started last week and tomorrow will be a week eating this way. I feel great, I am down 3.5 lb this week, and my carbs have been between 40-60 almost everyday. So, I think as long as you are eating the right carbs you will still see results! Use trial and error...give it some time and if you aren't losing maybe change up what you are eating. Good luck!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have been on SB since August 20, 2012. I have never counted my carbs. I just eat the recommended 2-3 servings of whole grains a day and 1-2 servings of fruit (usually 1). I nt psy attention to carbs in my veggies either. I lost consistently, with no problem. Best wishes to you....hope you love SB as much as I do!
  • eyesoneternity
    Options
    I did South beach a few years ago and did really well on it. I am sure you will have success....just keep it up for awhile and see!
  • thelawwon
    thelawwon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think my diary is open, if not, friend me, I know it's open to friends. I restarted p1 about 2 1/2 weeks ago and started slowly shifting into p2 yesterday. You can see my menus.

That seems Low on carbs. Mine end up somewhere between 75 and 100 in my macros, but you dont need to worry as long as youre eating on the plan. If you are eating at least 4 1/2 cups of veg per day, along with some dairy and beans, you shouldn't be at ketosis level carbs even in p1...
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I averaged around 50g this past week. I know we're not supposed to count carbs on SB (just follow the plan), but I've been entering my food on MFP to see where my calories are (I know we're not supposed to count calories either ,lol!) and that's what my carbs came out to be following the plan. I've read posts here saying its hard to lose if not in a calorie deficit regardless of low carbs. My first week I did not count calories and it was SO FREEING :) !! Have y'all been keeping track of calories?
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Jen, I did not count calories for the first three weeks. When i found MFP I couldn't resist the food and exercise journal. I have been counting calories ever since. Funny, because one of the reasons I chose SB was because of the ease of not having to count calories! But...I love organization and structure, so I am keeping track of my caloie intake while folloiwng the SB guidelines. The combination has worked really well for me.