20 year old 100 pounds to lose!

Im Katie, I am 20 years old and I have been overweight my entire life. Sometimes I just accepted being the chunky girl or the girl out of all my friends that couldnt shop in the junior section, but I have grown sick of it.
I can honestly say though that I want to lose weight so that I am healthier, my family is full of runners and naturally skinny people and sometimes I get really upset when I have to look at pictures and see myself standing next to such beautiful people. I know that I am not healthy and considered obese on a BMI scale, and it makes me sick. I want to be able to wake up every morning and be motivated to eat right and to take a run.
It seems so simple when you think about it, eat vegetables and excersize everyday. but I lack motivation and support among my family.
Ultimately that is why I am on this site. I want to have someone that is in the same boat as I am and who will motivate me and I will motivate them.
I am especially nervous for the school year to start, and for me to find stress with schoolwork and projects and work on top of staying true to a diet or excersize regiment.
I am 5' 4" and I am 237 pounds, my highest weight was 250 pounds and I was going to the drive through everyday, I kicked that habit and saw some awesome results, but now I am stuck, and its now or never to start gaining control.

Replies

• Hi Katie!! Hang in there girl you got this!!!! What else are y ou eating? SOmetimes you have to shock your body. It has gotten used to what you have been doing now time to change it up!!!

Jenn
  • angelasmithhenderson
    angelasmithhenderson Posts: 23 Member
    hi katie,
    i also just joined. im excited to keep track of your progress. I;m sure that you will succeed. One thing that you have on your side is your age. It will never be easier for you to lose weight than right now. It gets so much harder the older you get.
  • lizreed12
    lizreed12 Posts: 11 Member
    First of all, you are gorgeous (no homo), and I would love to be your friend and help encourage you! Only if you promise to kick my butt into shape too!