Ashamed

Options
I am new here today, I have let myself go and I am at my heaviest ever... Im so ashamed of myself and the way I look... I have covered all the mirrors in my home except the bathroom.
I need encouraging friends...

Replies

• KindleKate2
    KindleKate2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aw, don't beat up on yourself. Just say, 'okay, now I'm serious!' and start tomorrow. As Scarlett O'Hara famously said, 'tomorrow is another day.'

Start logging your calories, sweetie. And figure out an exercise routine. And then get moving.

You know, feeling ashamed and covering mirrors aren't going to do it for you. But a positive attitude, and slow and easy and determined will.

I know you can do it!
  • lizreed12
    lizreed12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step - remember that!
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am new here today, I have let myself go and I am at my heaviest ever... Im so ashamed of myself and the way I look... I have covered all the mirrors in my home except the bathroom.
    I need encouraging friends...

We all had to start somewhere, right? Good news is you're in the right place.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You seem like a Christian person from your profile pic. Watch this. Then take the first step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kEmZ0ONWY

Susan
  • ahfahm
    ahfahm Posts: 4
    Options
    you got this. don't sweat the small stuff.
  • waw1958
    waw1958 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one in your .. I, too, am the heaviest I have ever been. I hate the way I look and feel. I have a fear I will die younger than I should because of this.

Hang in there. You can do it. I joined Jenny Craig so I don't have to worry about the food. I eat only their food and just focus on that now. Later, when I can, I will start to focus on simple things like a little exercise
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    But you're HERE! And we're all here because we wish to change ourselves for the better. No need to be ashamed. Add me for support. :)
  • Wade_74
    Wade_74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have faith in yourself. Tomorrow is a brand new day, start anew with strength and hope.
  • candletrees1
    candletrees1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Dont be ashamed. Be proud of who you are, we all want to be better, and improve ourselves. You have come to the perfect place. Put one foot in front of the other, and when you wake up in the morning beforeyou put your feet on the floor, thank the Lord for the day, and everything he has already blessed you with. that will set you mind in the right direction. Pray for his strength and every day will get easier. I'm glad youre here!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath, remind yourself that you're still a human being with needs and feelings, and begin. We've all been taught how to do this, even if we don't "know". There are thousands of sites with all of the advice you will ever not need. Just find what's best for you and dig in.
  • phonepest
    phonepest Posts: 43
    Options
    No reason to be ashamed! You're here aren't you? That's the first step, take things one at a time, make small changes, and before you know it, those small changes will have added up to big changes! Be Encouraged!
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like. I am on every day and will try my best to motivate you :)
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    There is a simple truth to human nature: we take the easy path most of the time. All of us. Have you taken a look around out there? Homo sapiens are not exactly a race of super-models and athletes! So it's not just a few of us that are out of shape...you aren't the only one out there who has let themselves go.

But for some reason today was different. You looked in the mirror and questioned yourself. You admitted to yourself that you weren't happy, and you took the first steps to remedy that. You are in the right place...if you stick around here you WILL find motivation and accountability, and if you are ready for this journey, you will see results.

For that reason it's kind of a good thing the way you are feeling. Because I'd be lying if I said this was going to be all downhill. You need an inner strength and determination to be successful. You need to look in that mirror, accept the way you feel, and TAKE CONTROL. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom in order to stop the slide, and start the climb. If you didn't feel the way you do, and just kind of, "meh, maybe I'll do some exercise today", you probably won't be successful. But if you are truly ready to make a change, then EMBRACE your feelings. USE them. CHANNEL them. Replace shame with DETERMINATION. Persistent consistence is hard to beat. And true determination is continuing to do something difficult after the feeling that caused you to start doing it has faded away...

Every one of us had a "worst" moment, or a "heaviest". It's NOT where you start, it's where you finish! You have to start small, one step at a time, just like all of us, and march inexorably towards your destination. So long as you don't give up, you will get there!

I'm not telling you this is going to be easy. Because it's not.

But I am telling you this is going to be worth it.

FatPeopleExercisingforthinness_zps0a9368b2.jpg

HeresToUS_zps9ad45ff1.jpg

exercise-quote_zpse8b463fd.jpg

creating_yourself_zps4a7a4458.jpg
  • kmr42768
    kmr42768 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips and encouragement... This time Im doing this for ME..
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    WRONG ATTITUDE!!! Dear past, thankyou for the lessons. Dear future - HERE I COME!!!! Today is the first day of the rest of your life, get healthy because you love you and want the rest of your life to be a long long time! :)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Oh, Dear One, I want to echo what so many have told you already!! You have NO REASON to feel ashamed. I don't know your entire life story, but it surely involves your having put yourself second to tend to someone else's needs. Why should you feel shame over that? Because society says you ought to be able to handle everything all the time and look phenomenal while doing it?

I'm guessing from your name that you have five children. Been there, done that and WHEW! Was it ever trying some days! Lots of days I was grateful to get a bite to eat, and forget whether it was "clean" or "nutritionally dense". It was food, and praise be if it had not been touched by snot-covered fingers first! :laugh: I'm mom of six, all grown now, and it was not uncommon to find 8-14 kids at the breakfast table on a school morning. Go for a morning jog? You're kidding, right? My mornings already felt like a marathon! _ _ _ _ _

I expect you could fill in the rest. The point is, you are here now. The past no longer matters. You have recognized that you are dissatisfied with the status quo and are doing what you feel needs to be done. You could always mope about, whining that life is unfair and console yourself with sweet goodies from a hidden stash in your underwear drawer, a place no child will dare look :laugh: Welcome to the fold!! You will find more than enough support here. You'll find a few diaper wipes as well, but just let them be an example of how not to be :flowerforyou:

Add me if you wish.

ETA: OOPS! Saw the wrong screen name in my mind when typing. Oh well, whatever... Most of it still applies! Kids or no kids, you are still awesome for making the decision :flowerforyou:
  • SmartBlogz
    SmartBlogz Posts: 37
    Options
    Its ok to "beat" yourself and that means you are already on the RIGHT path.
    Believe in yourself and be ready to put in some hard work. In no time, you will be singing a new song.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options

ETA: OOPS! Saw the wrong screen name in my mind when typing. Oh well, whatever... Most of it still applies! Kids or no kids, you are still awesome for making the decision :flowerforyou:

I was really impressed for a while there.

I'm like, what does she see? Must be some kind of mother-code thing, because I sure don't see it!

:ohwell: