ribcage?

Options
Is your ribcage big if it measures 29 inches if your only 5'1? What are ur measurements shorties?! :)

Replies

• JussyD89
    JussyD89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just saw this, I am 5'1 also! my ribcage sticks out.. i'll measure it in the morning, it's 3:30 am right now so forgive me if I don't get out of bed for the measuring tape now lol.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think that's big at all. I think it's small. I'm 5'2" and my rib cage is 26 inches. That is very small and makes it very challenging to find bras that fit. Also the measurement around my shoulders is 34 inches which also makes it challenging when the straps are positioned on the bra for wider shoulders. Most of the time I need the band to be small, the cups to be closer together and for the straps to be racerback, plus positioned not so far out on the cup (but a little closer towards center). Also I prefer the bra cups not to have lace over them because it shows through the shirt. Basically the way most bras are made, the cups are not in the correct position for my breasts. I am on the search for the "perfect bra".
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    No one else? Bump
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    5'2 and my ribcage is 28.5 (I am a 32 bandwith in bras) ...
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am short but built like an operatic soprano. My ribcage is 37" - and very little of that is fat after 7 months of MFP. But why worry? Your ribs are your ribs. Can't change 'em. .
  • phonepest
    phonepest Posts: 43
    Options
    Once I've found my ribcage again, I'll let you know! LOL Seriously, yours doesn't sound big at all. Judging from your profile pic, I'd say you're proportioned just fine!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my ribcage is 29". Not sure what height has to do with ribcage width?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is normal for there to be quite a lot of variation in the size of a person's rib cage, regardless of height.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my ribcage is 26 inches. You sound pretty normal to me, OP. :wink:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Nope. Sounds normal. I'm 5'3 and mine is 28 inches.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my rib cage is 35-37" depending where you measure it. I'm allegedly a 38" strap in bra size yet that is painfully tight, but almost no-one makes my cup size with a 40 strap :sad: ... my shoulder circumference is 43" and i have muscle definition in my shoulders, back and arms, so that's also all muscle and bones, not fat. (I'm around 23% body fat and not intending to lose any more fat)

I blame neanderthal genes :drinker: