Sodexo?

Options
Hey everyone,

I've been on MFP for years, but never really participated on the forums. Hoping that being a bit more active on the boards will motivate my weight loss a bit more.

Anyway, I just started working as an RA this summer at a school that gets its cafeteria food provided by Sodexo. I've seen that Sodexo has quite a few listings in the MFP database, but I'm still struggling to find healthy options beyond the salad bar for lunch/dinner.

Does anyone else have Sodexo at their school/workplace? What are your favorite healthy options?

Replies

• EstherE123
    EstherE123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sodexho is also the company that runs the cafeteria at my school. Besides the salad bar, the sandwich bar is pretty good (make wise choices), some soups are healthy, I've seen healthy flat bread pizzas. The one at my school also has Mongolian grill a couple of nights a week, it's buffet style where you put what you want in a bowl and they cook it. They've also got an omelet bar a few days a week the same way. Some stir-fry- type dishes, soft tacos, burritos, and grilled chicken depending on what they put in it. I've learned that if you can "make it" yourself or if the dish seems simple, it's usually healthy otherwise they put I don't know what in it to raise the calories, fat, and sodium through the roof.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Sodexho run a monopoly on providing pretty much every public post-secondary institution in the US with sub-par service and ****ty food.
  • Oh_britters
    Oh_britters Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I only ate their salads & still gained almost 30 lbs in 3 months. I was a lil stressed out & depressed too... prolly bc I could only eat salads all day. I've heard they're offering less fatty meats & cheeses but good luck!