Impossible?

Options
Is it possible to lose 30-40 pounds by the first week of October?

Replies

• triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you are extremely overweight right now, it might be possible. The more you lose, the slower and harder it is to come off...
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    if you have at least 100 lbs to lose overall, yes. Its possible. If you have 30 lbs to lose and you are just a hair over your healthy body weight, no way.

A more reasonable loss for most people, 10-15 lbs in those 10 weeks.
  • drezzal
    drezzal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting the weight loss journey myself but you will need to post up some information as there are a lot of factors involved.

for example :

Your current weight, your diet, your exercise routine etc

The bigger you are the larger amounts you will lose at the start, wont be easy though ;)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Possibly.

Does it matter? Just start now and you'll be happy with whatever loss you've made come October.
  • angelakristine10209
    Options
    I am 190 pounds. I eat fruits, veggies, grilled chicken, organic food, ect. I just started the 30 day shred. Sometimes I go on a combo of running and walking(mostly walking, I am NOT a runner unfortunately), somedays I swim, and some days I do a different excercise video. But some kind of excercise at least 5 days a week.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Possibly.

Does it matter? Just start now and you'll be happy with whatever loss you've made come October.

^^ agree. additionally, weight loss is different than fat loss. A wrestler can drop 10 lbs of water weight running in trash bags and not drinking water as he trains, and look no different (but meet his weight class). eat well, lift, do cardio and lose fat while maintaining muscle mass- it will look better. and its a lot less stressful than giving yourself a huge goal like 40 lbs in 2 1/2 months.
  • angelakristine10209
    Options
    Possibly.

It does matter. It's my dream to be in a bathing suit looking good by then, because I'll be in Florida. A lot of people do lose 20 pounds per month so I thought maybe it was possible
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible.

But you'll never find out if you don't start.

The longer you wait, the more pressure you'll put on yourself.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Possibly.

It does matter. It's my dream to be in a bathing suit looking good by then, because I'll be in Florida. A lot of people do lose 20 pounds per month so I thought maybe it was possible

Morbidly obese people lose 20 pounds per month. The rest of us? Anywhere from 2-8 pounds per month is pretty reasonable. Don't go by what you see on tv weight loss shows or ads for diet techniques. Unfortunately, it's just not realistic.

Get started now and you'll definitely see improvement by October. And that's still something to be excited about!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Possibly.

you will lose the most in the beginning of a program. unless you are extremely overweight, which you arent, you can maybe lose 2 lbs a week if you are consistent (and low calories wont help make it go faster- it often slows things down after a week or two). so i would say a 20 lb loss by then is def doable- which is still fantastic!