Bulge thing under boobs? [picture]

Options
When ever I sit, or if my bra is too tight, or if I'm bloated, I get this (what I like to call) "Second pair of boobs"
It's really annoying and I want to focus a majority of my workouts aiming to get rid of this.
Any suggestions? Am I a freak or to other people have their very own second pair of boobs?

j8zo7q.jpg

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    When ever I sit, or if my bra is too tight, or if I'm bloated, I get this (what I like to call) "Second pair of boobs"
    It's really annoying and I want to focus a majority of my workouts aiming to get rid of this.
    Any suggestions? Am I a freak or to other people have their very own second pair of boobs?

j8zo7q.jpg

Let me get that for ya...
    (IMG should be img) :wink:
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options

j8zo7q.jpg

tried to fix image link

I don't think you can spot reduce, it will just go down as you lose body fat.
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    I have it too. : / It's obnoxious and really apparent, especially when I sit down!
  • bisquickshawl
    bisquickshawl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think I fixed the picture.. it shows up on mine!
  • jamifaith
    jamifaith Posts: 47
    Options
    I have it too. I always assumed that its because I have a big rib cage (which I do) so the fat that sits on top of those ribs sticks out further than I would like. The only thing that has helped that for me is losing weight and getting a more toned stomach. So no, you're not a freak, but I don't know how to specifically get rid of it! :/
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Looks like possibly the fat covering the bottom of your rib cage and it's probably more noticeable because of weight lost around your waist. If you press on it, do you feel something hard eventually (like a bone)?
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have it too. I always assumed that its because I have a big rib cage (which I do) so the fat that sits on top of those ribs sticks out further than I would like. The only thing that has helped that for me is losing weight and getting a more toned stomach. So no, you're not a freak, but I don't know how to specifically get rid of it! :/

This. I lost mine and starting to see individual ribs when I lift my boobs.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Those are your ribs. You have fat covering them because they protect your heart and lungs.
    I have it too, see the "after" pic:

11161751_9770.jpg
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I also have this, but a much worse case as I am >400 lb. I hate it. I remember it being almost completely gone last year after I'd lost 100 lb and got to 343 lb. It came back even worse when I gained back 80 lb. I can't wait for it to be gone again. :)
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have this too, and now that i'm feeling better about my thighs/butt this is what I dont want to show at the beach :( I'm 5'4 148 lbs.
  • ambascom
    ambascom Posts: 59
    Options
    I have it too. I like to pretend that it is the start of some kick *kitten* abs that I one day may or may not have. I'm assuming it will go away as we lose weight. So no worries, you are NOT a freak!
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That's how a lot of normal non-airbrushed non-ripped bodies are. Nothing wrong with it, people don't usually take pictures at that angle so it's fine. If you want it to go away you're going to have to work on the muscles there, because losing weight will not work for that, I've been really tiny in the past and my stomach has always done that, it did least when I danced and had a really strong core.
  • Azlilis
    Azlilis Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a 26 y/o guy, I have them too, and I had them when I was at my optimal weight. It's normal. It's part of the muscle and fat that protects the diaphragm and the lower ribs. No worries, it'll go down as your body weight goes down. :)
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I think your body might have select places where it distributes ..
    Kinda cool it's in a less obvious locale. :)
  • agfwejhdfiujsHDGl
    Options
    I have exactly the same thing! I'm 168cm [5'6] and 54kg [120lbs] so i'm hardly overweight but I just can't seem to shift it!! Drives me crazy! Glad to see i'm not alone on this issue! Has anyone had any luck other than with surgery or extreme weight loss??
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    situps or crunches maybe?? these might help
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i have it too....... your not alone. mines always there but gets smaller when i lose weight.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't see nipples, so I don't think they're boobs. I just think it's part of the protective layer over your abdomen. Everybody's got some. Some more than others. Probably the only way to reduce it would be to change your body composition (lower your fat %, increase lean mass).
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    it looks like a fat accumulation, lowering the body fat may make it disappear.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Lose fat, that's what it all comes down to. Unfortunately, there's no way to spot reduce.