Ways to avoid failure and falling backward

Precious_Nissa
Precious_Nissa Posts: 416
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
In my journey that started about 11 to 12 weeks ago, I had to make up my mind that I was going to do this and that i wasnt going to look back....if the scale didnt move, so what....if the inches didnt shed....so what....it wasnt about how much weight loss or inches shed, it was about living healthier and when doing that, results will follow.......For the first few weeks i did focus on results and it would drive me nut...my aunt finally sunk in my head that i'm looking at the wrong thing....so i relaxed on it and started studying on successes in others and i found my own thing that is helping me push through that i thought i'd share....

step 1: sit down and write down a good 3 to 5, 10 if you have it, reasons as to why you are wanting to lose weight.
step 2: make small, medium and large goals and give yourself appropriate time to make them
step 3: get you an accountability partner...it really does help having someone to help you hold yourself accountable
step 4: find something that you've never accomplished due to your weight and push to accomplish it as you lose weight
step 5: write down your journey....JOURNALiZING is not only a way to keep up but its very therapeutical
step 6: work out at a time you know you are available so that you can avoid excuses
step 7: push yourself to do something daily be it 20 squats, 10 minute walks, etc.....

Now you dont necessarily have to do it my way but give yourself and your life some consistency....this is why I dont "fall off the wagon" and all because I plan and plan ahead, I know if i'm going to have a treat, i'm going to push myself harder.....

Another key that is showing successful in my life is I"M NOT DIETING....If i want buffalo wild wings, i have them, I just dont indulge in them, over eat on them and I dont eat it daily....do not deprive yourself from food...if you like it, eat it but dont over eat on it and make sure you are working out and trying to proportion what you eat....if you like cake, have a piece but not daily and not a big piece, one small lither only when you really want it, not daily though.....The key is lifestyle change, habits forming through being consistent etc.........

Keep up the good work everybody......

Replies

• klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    This is so true, thank you for posting. I totally agree with you that this is not a diet. I don't believe in depriving myself of something, it only makes me want it more. I just ask myself why I want it and if it is worth it. Sometimes I want something because I think I want it but really I would be happier with something else. Its really hard not to obsess with the numbers, I am going through this now, but I like your ideas on writing it down.
  • lina20
    lina20 Posts: 130 Member
    thank's:smile:
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    thanks for posting this!:)
  • Absolutely not about dieting
    when it's a diet
    you eventually fall and gain it back
    KEEP up the great work
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    thanks for sharing what's working for you! and congrats!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Nissa thank you for sharing these great reminders and helpful ideas.

I agree with what you are saying, it's a lifestyle not a diet. I also put my exercise into my calendar so that it is planned and I am accountable for it.

One thing I would like to add/offer I have a day when I eat things that are more of a treat or something that I do not indulge in all the time, I call this day my higher calorie day, I don't call it a cheat day as that makes it sound like I am doing something wrong.

Congrats on your weight loss and all the best on your journey.

Karen
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Great post!

You're 100% right that it's a lifestyle eating plan and that it should be flexible enough to last for the rest of your life (says she who just had to have Nutella last night, lol).

Well done so far :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.