feeling super alone...

Options
aldaroya
aldaroya Posts: 55 Member
I started working on myself. my boyfriend felt i would leave him if i got thin. I guess he beat me to the punch so three years of our lives done. Why???because i just wanted to be a healthy ,active ,pretty person,mother ,girlfriend i just wanted to give the best of me to all the people I love...I dont drink much or eat out anymore sooooo I have no friends well that I see anyway

Replies

• KayaVice
    KayaVice Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Change can be a scary thing. While I'm a bit disappointed that your boyfriend dumped you for you trying to get fit, I'm glad you are trying to get yourself healthy. Perhaps a bit of time away from each other is a blessing in disguise. Maybe being away from you will make him realize how much you were in his life, and how much he ultimately needs you.

I don't have a lot of off-the-internet friends either, but I have lots of people on the net that have my back! It would be nice to have friends in person, but hey, I'll take whatever friends I can get.

I just joined this website tonight, and by the looks of it, everyone is very nice and supportive. Doesn't look like you'd have any problem making friends on here.

Feel free to add me if you like and I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey!
  • feelingsmcgee
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this, but he clearly didn't deserve you. I wish I had some advice to make everything better but all I've got is keep working on you. Do it for yourself.
  • PoisonedCursed
    Options
    I think it's a great thing you did there, to change for the better to lead a better lifestyle. Don't feel bad, you should be feeling proud of yourself for what you have managed to accomplish. I'd give anything to turn my life around, get fit, and have enough dedication in me. Too bad that I feel like I'm out of energy, don't know where to begin or how to keep going. Add me if u want :)
  • PoisonedCursed
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this, but he clearly didn't deserve you. I wish I had some advice to make everything better but all I've got is keep working on you. Do it for yourself.

Indeed, well-said. You have to keep working on yourself and not let yourself slip away because that was my biggest mistake...after my break-up I let myself go to waste and not a day goes by that I wish I could've done things differently for myself. I kept making bad decisions, eating like hell, and gaining 20 lbs in five months :(
  • aldaroya
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond it means alot . I just thought bettering myself would bring me closer to the ppl in my life but i couldnt have been more wrong its so weird like being punished for doing good. I guess the positve is I now know who is really there and cares and who dosent.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm also feeling super alone lately (just broke up with my boyfriend and best friend). In a way, it's better you're not with him anymore, you don't need that negativity in your life. Now you're going to be super fit and hot and find yourself a better man.
  • sdfkjsadglkj11
    sdfkjsadglkj11 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well, that's freaking kind of him. The moment you work on getting better self-esteem, he drops you. Nice. Three years wasted by intelligent, beautiful, and smart you. Get that body and confidence you have and go attract someone who appreciates your self-love.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh Sweetie - you are going to have the best revenge when one day, he sees you walking down the street looking extremely super-hot and fit. The fact that you're already gorgeous obviously escapes him - you deserve so much more. I wish you great success!
  • briersting
    briersting Posts: 21
    Options
    I can totally understand the wanting to be healthier and more active, we all want that. But the "wanting to be pretty"? From what I see on your avatar you're gorgeous! You have that in the bag already doll face! Remember that losing the weight isn't just about the physical, it's mental too. It's wonderful to lose the weight and be physically healthy, but it won't do a whole lot of good if we're not mentally healthy (as like many, I don't see the beauty that is me). Congratulations on starting this journey! And as it was said before, do it for yourself. You're stronger than you think! Feel free to add me.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond it means alot . I just thought bettering myself would bring me closer to the ppl in my life but i couldnt have been more wrong its so weird like being punished for doing good. I guess the positve is I now know who is really there and cares and who dosent.
    bettering yourself is first and foremost for YOU. and you deserve this - you are a beautiful strong woman and you don't need garbage bringing you down and keeping you back.

sorry that your ex is a *kitten* and I know how painful this is, and i know you can't believe me NOW, but i promise you that someday you will look back and know that this was a good thing.

as for your other friends? sometimes we outgrow people. sometimes we change and they don't and we can still be friends. sometimes we find new friends. all part of growing up. heck, i'm in my fifties and still make new friends.
  • aldaroya
    Options
    Thank you too. I have lost 41 pounds since april. 8lbs of it on mfp. Life changing choices are friggin hard! breakups suck! Raising two boys on my own crazy hard and heart breaking I never thought I would be a fat ,sad ,single mother...or be crying to strangers about it lol dont worry ladies,I am a bada** determined single mama who can do anything sometimes i just need to cry and hear that someone else in this world thinks i can do it too.
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    Him leaving you really had nothing to do with you and everything to do with him. Dont ever regardless of size, health, etc allow anyone to make you feel you were not good enough. Focus on your boys and you. Sweet revenge of a good life is always the best way to be.
  • briersting
    briersting Posts: 21
    Options
    Him leaving you really had nothing to do with you and everything to do with him. Dont ever regardless of size, health, etc allow anyone to make you feel you were not good enough. Focus on your boys and you. Sweet revenge of a good life is always the best way to be.

Ya!!!
  • mjgo56
    mjgo56 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You might feel lonely because your ex did not support your desire to be healthy at this time, but it sounds like you have many people you love that will be happy and love you more for thinking enough to do for yourself so that you can be there for them. Your ex was selfish for wanting you to remain in an unhealthy state because other men will find you more attractive. You were doing this for you as we'll as him so that you would be the best possible shape and live a long, healthy life.if it was meant to be, he will be back. And if not, you will be fine without him. Always depend on you, never a man. I told my husband of 37 years when we got married that I married him because I wanted to live my life with him. I also told him that I can LIVE without him, however, if he should ever do anything that I perceive as a betrayal. Let your man know that you choose to live with them, not that you depend and NEED them and do it. Be self sufficient and take care of you and your family. Good luck in your endeavors!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel the same way. Like I don't know what to do with my friends other than go out to eat and when I eat healthy they are like live a little or what is one bad meal. I try to tell people for me at 245 pounds currently I didn't get here but one bad meals but really bad chooices over a long time and I can't get back there. So what I have found it nice is to ask people if they would like to go for a walk, swim or even the gym with me. Also shopping or getting our nails done. It is very hard. And as far as your man goes I am so sorry to hear that I am currently single and have been the 6 months I have been living more healthy so I can't comment a lot. But sometimes even my plus size friends are like you aren't the same anymore. I liked you at my size and it's just really hurts because I have tired so hard and it when they say like the un-healthier me it is kind like what the heck? But what I think is people aren't okay with themselves a lot of time so they try to make you feel bad that are doing the right thing so they feel better about themselves. I say just try to keep doing what are doing to be there here and healthy for your kids :). Sending my love, my heart goes out to you!
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you too. I have lost 41 pounds since april. 8lbs of it on mfp. Life changing choices are friggin hard! breakups suck! Raising two boys on my own crazy hard and heart breaking I never thought I would be a fat ,sad ,single mother...or be crying to strangers about it lol dont worry ladies,I am a bada** determined single mama who can do anything sometimes i just need to cry and hear that someone else in this world thinks i can do it too.

^ You are amazing. A rock star. Single mom too? This man clearly wasn't ready for someone with that much moxie. Congrats on your weight loss. You've lost 41 lbs and won't have to spend another day with someone who clearly didn't treasure you like he should. Look at everything you've already accomplished. If you really step back for a second you may realize you're stronger than you give yourself credit for. :smile:
  • Gooddmannn
    Options
    if you need advice on fitness i will help you if you want :smile:
  • aldaroya
    Options
    Wow this is the most ppl i have talked to in months and positive too thanks to all of you
  • KikiODonoghue
    Options
    Darling, don't sweat it! One day when you're superfit and toned he'll be jealous and you'll be able to say: ''In your face''! He's not supportive and you don't need that especially when you're trying to make a healthy change that will benefit you in every way.
    I've been in sports my whole life, my boyfriend too, but I remember when he busted his knee open playing football (or soccer if you like) I went through the whole physiotheraphy with him and that's actually when we started working out together. That's the kind of support you need. So don't sweat it: he's insecure and you're better off without him!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You are already very pretty, wait till the loser sees you when you lose more weight. I think he has low self-esteem and is worried you'll leave him when you drop more weight. You'll find a good guy easily, don't worry.