~Want to get healthy and need encouragement~

Options
First off, I don't know what is with all the squiggles but I've been using those a lot lately. *shrugs* Hi, My name is Miika, I'm 27. I'm 5'5" and weigh 244 currently. My apartment is small, and currently crowded...and I don't live in the best neighbourhood...so I can't really exercise or walk around without getting paranoid about something really bad happening. I will be starting the 30 Day Challenge, using my Gazelle more and my Wii Fit as well ((I use the Wii Fit now but the job-search kinda dents that time)) as soon as I move into my new place //Which was supposed to be next month but will most likely be September now//. I'd like to make some friends on here who actually do follow their friends progress and encourage people. I'm not able to follow my Paleo Diet right now due to funds but once I get a job and my fiancé starts his, we'll be able to start it back up and stay on it again.

Replies

• briersting
    briersting Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I'm new here too, and have found nothing but support and encouragement. Do what you can with you're eating and working out given your current situation. As long as you keep moving forward. Log what you eat for sure, it really helps (even in the three days I've been on here it's made a huge difference). Feel free to add me, and good luck with you weight loss journey!
  • KayaVice
    KayaVice Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 233 # so we're in the same boat ;) . I don't know how much time I can be on the community part of this website, but I'll do my best to encourage you when I can. Feel free to add me if you want.

Just remember, doing SOMETHING is better than nothing. Even if you don't shed pounds like crazy, anything you're doing is getting you closer to your goal.

Good luck to you in your weight loss journey!
  • GracefulPinkButterfly
    Options
    Briersting
    Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, that's what I've seen so far, everyone seems so nice here! About all I can do is work on the Wii Fit and Bellydancing practice and that's about it currently. Cramped tiny apartment is cramped. ^^; Indeed, moving forward and keeping at it is my main goal (besides finding a job). I'll try to log what I eat but I do tend to get embarrassed when I eat bad...and I do sometimes due to funds. Okees, I'll add you and thanks for the luck! I am going to need it!!

Cricketrichoc
    Yay for being in the same boat! :) Neither do I really, I forget to open tabs sometimes. I'll add you and encourage you as well!!

True, I understand that doing something is better than doing nothing. Bellydancing and Wii Fit...despite the reviews the Wii Fit is actually helping me. I mean, it may not be the best thing for weight loss per se but it does help and has yoga and stuff on it.

Thanks, Good luck to you as well!! :)
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Welcome! You will find some pretty amazing people up in here. I have been here a little over a week and already feel like a part of a family with some of my friends. It is amazing. Makes me look forward to being healthier. Feel free to add me if you would like. I am all about having fun with this weight loss, and the people I come across while losing.
  • Anport
    Anport Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel about being limited with your space in terms of exercising. I live in a full house and there's relatively no place for me to exercise without disrupting someone and going outside is kind of out of the question for me as well. I've managed to make a small space in my room for me to work out in fairly comfortably. I went inactive for about a month for a vacation and lost some friends as well, so I'm looking for some! :) Feel free to send me a friend request and I hope we can be great supporters for each other!
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    First off, I don't know what is with all the squiggles but I've been using those a lot lately. *shrugs* Hi, My name is Miika, I'm 27. I'm 5'5" and weigh 244 currently. My apartment is small, and currently crowded...and I don't live in the best neighbourhood...so I can't really exercise or walk around without getting paranoid about something really bad happening. I will be starting the 30 Day Challenge, using my Gazelle more and my Wii Fit as well ((I use the Wii Fit now but the job-search kinda dents that time)) as soon as I move into my new place //Which was supposed to be next month but will most likely be September now//. I'd like to make some friends on here who actually do follow their friends progress and encourage people. I'm not able to follow my Paleo Diet right now due to funds but once I get a job and my fiancé starts his, we'll be able to start it back up and stay on it again.

You can and WILL do it. Just don't wait for all these stars to align to get working at it. The time is now, job search or not, fiance starting it or not, funds or not.
  • GracefulPinkButterfly
    Options
    @Koloss_Kelsier-Thank you for the welcome! :) Yes, I've seen that already wandering the forums, which is awesome. So many of the other sites I've been on have had people...not so supportive. They had a more 'Put up or shut up' attitude. I'll go ahead and add you. Having fun while losing weight is the best, if you get bored...there really isn't much of a point of keeping with it is there!

@Anport -Yeah, having zero space is not conducive to doing a good amount of exercising. When I move into my new house I'll have a room that I can set up my work-out stuff in. Yeah, I've been inactive for a while...due to funds. No money=eat badly/worse than usual. Alrighties, I'll send you a request and we can be great supporters of each other!! :D

@Rebekahr84- I'm not waiting for any stars to align. If I don't have space (and believe me, I really don't) I really can't do the exercise...I do the Wii Fit and that's about it right now. The job search is my first priority currently, I need a job. My fiance starting with me would give me motivation. I'm rather stubborn, so I need the motivation. Funds are kinda important. Paleo is expensive, therefore lack of funds is a bad thing.