I need encouraging words?

Options
Im ceejay and im a 30 yr old single woman from the philippines so please bear with my english lol

A month and a half ago i weigh 195 lbs and im 5'6 in height. Now after removing rice, fried or grilled food, junkfoods, fastfoods from my diet and just focusing more on veggies, fruits, chicken and drinking only water and sometimes fresh juices, i now weigh 177 lbs but it still flactuates from 177-179 if im full or wearing jeans.

Im really happy and excited that i finally got the motivation to do this. Im really proud of myself for having the self control to say no to unhealthy foods although i still eat my fave cheetos jalapeño once a month cos if i dont i'd get really depressed lol

I also bought a treadmill days ago and i walk for 30-45 mins everyday while watching my fave tv show so i dont get bored lol i even do jumping rope every other day and i jump atleast 200 times. Im really proud of myself for having the inspiration to do this. I cant wait to see how i'll look like by december. Cant wait to see my relatives reaction when they see me again.

But im just a lil worried cos i feel like im not losing weight fast enough. My target is to be atleast 130 lbs by december 2013 and i dunno if its achievable. Its the 2nd wk of july 2013 now and im scared to disappoint my family, friends and my doctor cos theyre all aware that im on a diet and really trying to lose weight but what if december comes and i still look fat i hope someone can share encouraging words there for me?

Replies

• djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hmm... for me it helps to picture your goals. One of mine for example is clothes. That's a nice easy one to picture.

I'm going a bit slow myself. Keep it up though! Maybe add something extra in or pick something new to try every week be it walking with weights or going swimming or trying a dance class or DVD.

Feel free to add me! I don't have a lot of "real world" support so I am often on here looking for motivation and inspiration as well.
  • startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options
    You're doing really well for the short amount of time you have been at it. So first of all, congrats on that! Give yourself credit where it's due. And remember, it took time to put the weight on in the 1st place, its going to take that time to get it off too :)
  • irma0502
    irma0502 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Stress can slow down weight loss

You must have fun doing it and you will be suprised how the pounds shed off once you have made peace with yourself and your situation

Donot do it for others

Do it for yourself

My story: i was slowly approaching overweight and all the walking and running were not producing much results. As i got more upset i ate more and worsened the situation. Then i discovered zumba dvds and read online that u must do it for the sake of dancing and having fun to see real results. Two weeks into some great salsa and merengue my clothes felt loose and i finally mustered the courage to weigh myself. I had lost 4 kgs! I had never ever lost weight so fast.