NSV - what I saw in the mirror

Options
Maybe shouldn't be posting here as I haven't lost more weight in the last few months, but am happily maintaining my 75lbs loss, but still working hard on exercise and toning, and had a bit of a confidence blip the last couple of weeks, so here goes...

In the gym yesterday working in out in front of the big mirrors - caught sight of my reflection and thought "wow, that's small", especially my legs which were always chunky.
This was on top of someone in a shop the other day when I was looking for a posh frock for a family wedding who said "When you're petite like you, you can wear all these lovely things"!! Last family wedding was before weight loss and I wore a smocky thing, and hid behind my son for all the photo's.

Not quite so good feeling when I saw my belly hanging down when I was planking, but I know that is largely loose skin rather than fat.

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Just think, at the wedding this year you won't be hiding behind anyone during the photos. I would love to see a sde by side comparison of those photos.
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    love (1) if it makes you happy then you post about it
  • Jennjo322
    Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Motivating story!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome NSV................Good for you!
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    Hopefully I might have finally managed to work out how to post the pictures. These were taken on holiday at the same place in France 3 years apart. It was these holiday pics that gave me the wake up call that I needed to do something.

d06d6dd6-1436-418f-b8a5-5b83656bc8bc_zpsd3d492c6.jpg
  • Brummig
    Options
    Yeah - 6th attempt got it! Thanks guys for the lovely comments. Very welcome today as 5th day of laryngitis so feeling a bit fed up.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Wow! Big difference! You look great! It's amazing how we don't see it in the mirror and are so surprised when we see a picture of ourselves looking overweight. I figure it's some sort of body dysmorphic thing - like the opposite of anorexia.
  • Brummig
    Options
    Thank you. I wouldn't ever want my boobs back, but I still miss them - as in expect to see them there. I'm still a large cup size, but in comparison they are so small and tidy!
  • horsebeauti
    horsebeauti Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! You don't have to hide behind your son anymore!!! ;-)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I might have finally managed to work out how to post the pictures. These were taken on holiday at the same place in France 3 years apart. It was these holiday pics that gave me the wake up call that I needed to do something.

d06d6dd6-1436-418f-b8a5-5b83656bc8bc_zpsd3d492c6.jpg

Congratulations and well done.
    20072013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss, you look wonderful! Enjoy the wedding!
  • Brummig
    Options
    Thanks guys for the lovely comments. Just to give a bit of background, I started my weight loss Sept 2010 when I joined Slimming World after being horrified by those holiday pics. My first goal was to lose 40lbs as I was going to be 40 in the November. I reached that target in Jan 2011, and went on to lose another stone and a bit over the next 8 months. I maintained that loss within a pound or two, continuing to go to SW regularly. I always thought about trying to lose a bit more to get into the 'normal' weight category, but could never quite do it. Over that time I had started jogging, joined a gym and was much more active. Oct 2012 I sprained my shoulder (not gym related - just fell over!), started working with a PT to strengthen it after, and he challenged me to do it. I upped my gym work, changed my food a bit, became addicted to MFP and achieved what I never thought I would! I reached that 5 stone target, and have now reset it to slightly below and have been there since Jan!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? Maintaining what you've lost without regaining might just be an even bigger victory than losing it in the first place. I bow down before you!
  • Brummig
    Options
    Thank you! I still find it hard to believe sometimes - still expect to see the fat me in the mirror. Really pleased to have maintained for so long, and generally finding it okay.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! So glad you like what you see in the mirror now! :)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Defiantly a success story and an inspiration. I'm so happy for you. Sometimes it is easier to lose pounds than it is t gain confidence.
  • Brummig
    Options
    Defiantly a success story and an inspiration. I'm so happy for you. Sometimes it is easier to lose pounds than it is t gain confidence.

Definitely is. It's better than it was though, and I am understand my triggers more, and how to deal with them.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look fantastic and how great to maintain!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!