How does my diet look?

Options
I am 5 4 and weigh 137 pounds and working out with a personal trainer 4 days and week, 1hr per session. I am trying to lose 10% body fat (currently 25%). Would you mind taking a look at my food diary and letting me know what you think (calories are higher on workout days). My food diary is public so you should have no trouble viewing it. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Creative_Sam
    Creative_Sam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

you should try eat a bit more - maybe have 2x eggs on 1 slice of toast for breakfast with your shake. Or an omelette or something.
    Your protein is good considering the amount of cals your eating. But MFP sets protein very low with the guided goals so try aim for more. Just try eat a bit more, especially if you're working out too. I didn't see any of your workouts in your diary.
    This is my suggestion - maybe see what others say too?
    Good Luck!
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    Ooh I'm 5ft 4 and 137lbs (and our names are both Bee...weird! :tongue:)

I would also agree with the above poster and suggest eating more, especially for breakfast.
  • littlebee26
    littlebee26 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi :)

you should try eat a bit more - maybe have 2x eggs on 1 slice of toast for breakfast with your shake. Or an omelette or something.
    Your protein is good considering the amount of cals your eating. But MFP sets protein very low with the guided goals so try aim for more. Just try eat a bit more, especially if you're working out too. I didn't see any of your workouts in your diary.
    This is my suggestion - maybe see what others say too?
    Good Luck!

Hi there :)

Thanks so much for the advice. Yea, I really need to up my calorie intake. Its difficult though as my body seems satisfied at around 1200 cals per day!! The eggs are a good idea. I don't log my workouts as I find it time consuming to keep up with the food diary alone. I mostly do strength training. I am not worried about whether or not I am getting enough exercise. My trainer works me like a dog!!!
  • littlebee26
    littlebee26 Posts: 116
    Options
    Ooh I'm 5ft 4 and 137lbs (and our names are both Bee...weird! :tongue:)

I would also agree with the above poster and suggest eating more, especially for breakfast.

Ha!! That is weird!!! Yea, going to really try to get more calories in this week. It can be a struggle though!!
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i notice you are drinking a LOT of "Aldi - Just Organic - Green Tea , 185 ml ". that seems like a lot. what about plain water? also, why would you give up fruit? that has nutrients in it that are important. i think you need to add fruit to have a balanced menu. IMHO. but i am not a dietician or nutritionist, just observing one day's menu for you.