weigh in daily/ weekly/morning/evening?

Options
What works for you and why. I want to weigh in weekly and record it my wife prefers daily. She weighs herself in the morning and I do it just before going to bed, and do you weigh yourself clothed, in the raw or the same outfit? What works for all of you? What is your ritual?

Replies

• mggriso
    mggriso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Friday morning as soon as I get up, unclothed except for glasses or I would not see the scales :happy:
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings as soon as I wake, tends to be the same sort of time due to alarm clock. Weekly, no clothes. Basically morning as you haven't eaten and your body has had the night to digest, weekly as your weight will fluctuate daily and this could discourage if you see it going up and down from one day to the next.

Just my opinion and what I do
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Yearly, I go on clothes fit, it's just a number.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily after my shower but only log it every Friday morning. I weigh daily just out of curiousity but realize the daily fluctuations of my weight and don't let it bother me...
  • kaiodedra123
    kaiodedra123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What ever time you should always stick to that time as weight changes through out the day. I do every sunday morning.

sunday because its at the end of the week where ive been working out and eating good so any progress motivates me the next week

Morning because you weigh less in the morning and because i go gym in the morning (thats where i weigh myself). Also because you havent had much to eat i think its just more accurate (IMO)
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once in the morning and weigh in that figure.

I often weigh myself in the afternoon just out of curiosity too =)
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't, but I hop on the scale daily, first thing in the morning in minimal clothing. But I only weigh in on Saturday (or try to anyway).
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself each morning as soon as I get off my dialysis machine. I'm usually still in my pajamas.
  • AngieEmJay
    AngieEmJay Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm a morning weigher...right before the shower...sans clothes.
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time at home to make sure I am on track for the week, but I only officially record it on Mondays at my weigh in group.

Do what works for you, and remember its only a number don't stress over it.... it not worth it ! :explode: :yawn:
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    Once a week on Tuesday morning. Why Tuesday, 01 Jan 13 was on a Tuesday! Just my nightshirt and glasses or like mggriso, I wouldn't be able to read the number on the scale!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh daily - in the morning (bright eyed & busy tailed..hahaha). Friday is my official weigh day.

If the scale is up, it makes me work harder. If the scale is down, well dern, I feel absolutely wonderful and proud of my hard work!
  • Jayiz
    Jayiz Posts: 39
    Options
    Usually I weigh myself weekly in the morning without clothes. My chosen day is Monday. Sometimes though, I weigh myself twice in a week to see if I am staying on track :)
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    I quite often weigh myself daily, but that's just a curiosity thing ... so, for example, I gained weight between yesterday and today, but hey, over the week I lost 3.75lb, so I feel pretty good.

It's the Monday MOT (Moment Of Truth) that I pay attention to. And that's first thing, with no clothes on. I like a Monday weigh-in as it tends to curb any excess over the weekend - I can't tell myself that I have a few days to make up for it :wink:
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings, naked and after using the restroom. lol
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log weekly. Always first thing in the AM. I like weighing daily because it keeps me in check as I go along. If the scale is up a bit, I can adjust for the day. Might be crazy, but it works for me.
  • bsmock
    bsmock Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    About every other day is when I weigh myself....ALWAYS first thing in the morning and naked.
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    First thing in the morning in my birthday suit.....that's the best way to control all the variables, ie I know I'm not weighing an extra heavy pair of shoes or three glasses of water I just drank. I weigh every morning, but that's a matter of personal preference.
  • patsimmon88
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday Morning, right after I wake up. I can't do it every day or I get stressed!!!!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday at Boots. Got rid of my scales because I was getting a bit obsessed and weighing myself every day.