Finding fun again(pic heavy)

Options
sarantonio
sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
Ok. I'm not intending to write a long story, but here goes. I am not at goal weight, I'm still about 20 lbs out. I sit around 160-163 now and I haven't budged in a while, mostly because I have other things that are more important to me at the moment. And THAT is huge. Fro the ripe old age of 11 I was concerned about being "fat". My mother had a boyfriend who would comment on my "rolls" (which is absurd, I was 5'6 and 130 lbs at the time, baby-fat, I say!) As a "grown-up" I am 5'8 (and a half!), I got pregnant and delivered at 213. I have no pictures of that time in my life, mostly because I was ashamed and hid from the camera. I got to 205... and stayed there for 3 years. Until I got pregnant again.... I actually lost weight, we were living in Italy at the time and i had to walk everywhere, so I dropped to about 198 and hung at that weight for about 2 3 years. I remember trying to count my calories in Italy, but we had no internet access and I was wildly misinformed. I found an old "diary" of mine the other day and read one of my days. I counted 15 minutes of "aerobics" as -300 calories and a brioche at + 75 Holy Cow!!:laugh: I thought I needed to eat 3,500 a day TO LOSE...:noway:

Anyways, found myself back in the states, started MFP. Started running, started using my body as a gym (excellent book, not promoting!) and found myself able to do pushups, run 3 miles in 26 minutes, laugh harder, love longer and be excited about being in my body. Heck, I'll even pose for pictures now! I'm stretch marked, I'm still flabby, I've got cellulite and a C-section flap, but I'm more comfortable now than I was in high school (at a svelte 135 lbs, size 6 pants) When you work hard at something, you know you deserve it.

Right before I got preggo with #2 around 210
2lmayhz.jpg

After #2 (there she is!) about 198
2aifre0.jpg

Got to the states, started dieting (pickles! diet food!) about 185
2isfiw2.jpg
33392yb.jpg

Started working out and feeling confident in my own skin. 160-163
2mxmyc8.jpg
msews6.jpg

Feeling pretty for the first time ever
4htggg.jpg

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You are absolutely beautiful!
  • CaroleNev
    CaroleNev Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, feeling pretty is a plus:happy:
  • Creative_Sam
    Creative_Sam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    you're an inspiration :)

Thanks for spending the time telling us about your journey!
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Such an inspiration for this mom of 2. I also had a csection w/ #1, and then had a VBAC w/ #2 18 months 5 days later.
  • wiss22
    wiss22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    U go girl!! Youre so beautiful!
  • bri0628
    bri0628 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! You're doing awesome!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • mustapekka
    mustapekka Posts: 59
    Options
    You look positively stunning! congratulations! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!