365 days counting calories; hardest and easiest thing ever

Options
paine016
paine016 Posts: 77 Member
Sometimes people ask me what I did to lose weight. In theory it's pretty simple; calories in, calories out. That's all there is to it. On the face of it, it seems fairly simple. And it is, from a logical standpoint, but humans are rarely logical. We feel and crave and want and admire. We are lonely and eat, or depressed and eat, or happy and eat. It's so much easier to stay inside and play whatever game I'm on than to drive up to the gym. For many years I chose the wrong thing. No one made me fat except me.

That's not to say that there isn't a lot of misinformation out there. I've learned a bit of this during the past year, especially. I used to think juice was healthy, that wheat bread with those little seeds in it was the best, that bread in general wasn't too bad, that a salad was excellent even when drowning in ranch and cheese. And so on. I've learned a bit about nutrition now.

What I've learned most is that I can. Now, a lot of people will say that's not something really to learn. They'll say "well of course you can," not knowing the dark places being fat and depressed will bring you. But once you pass your first hurdle, once you overcome your first challenge you see that it's really true. I was afraid of running because of all my jiggling rolls for so long, but then as part of a body challenge, we had to run a 5k. I did it. After that I knew that I could do anything because I already had done something scary and hard!

So there's the message I'd like everyone to take from this, as cliche as it sounds: YOU CAN. You may think you can't, and you may dream of waking up skinny, thinking it's only a dream. It isn't. You are strong, stronger than you think. You are alive. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Now on to the pictures.

This was the month I joined MFP.
w4nd9eL.png

At my highest weight, a year before joining MFP, I was 260+ pounds.
bbmjAps.png

Side view.
n9uoH69.png

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    beautiful! Your cheekbones sure came out !
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    Fantastic! You are one of the ones that look like a whole different person, I can't believe how much your face has changed, you have always been good looking but I think you really glow now! Good for you, 265 days is a huge milestone, and 100lbs weight loss!
  • whisperer02
    Options
    Congragulations to you, you look great.
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Goodness, you look so great! You look so much younger even, your face! I'm proud of you, and I don't even know you lol! Way to go.
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    @Kayemmgee5 : I'm proud of everyone here. The first step is the hardest, and I know that everyone here right now has made that first step. Everyone can make it!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations on your success. You look amazing.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    AMAZING progress. And I love how you said "For many years I chose the wrong thing. No one made me fat except me." So true!
  • Angie33Powell
    Options
    Wow! so great. your an inspiration to me.
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You look beautiful! Love my fellow curly hair ladies:)
  • hollyyy92
    hollyyy92 Posts: 20
    Options
    You look amazing x
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That is amazing work! And I just have to say that you were also beautiful before, but wow, losing some fat on your face made your face look incredible! Love your cheekbones & jawline! Love the dress too actually :)

Congrats on a healthy year!
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are beautiful.
  • marizond
    marizond Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Job!!! I know I can... I only need to lose 15lbs to get to my ideal weight.... and reading you testimonial is an inspiration.:laugh:
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    GORGEOUS!!!!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You have done an amazing thing for yourself and your family! You should be so proud of yourself. I have been on here for a little over a year and have not done near as well as you. Kuddo's to you for making the changes necessary to better your life.
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I get you! just 6 monts in and I felt like taking a break with all these entries and follow ups. but I will continue slowly but surely and not stop at all. It's a mind game! you can but will I? the answer is I should and I can!

Thank you!
  • jenkushdickman
    jenkushdickman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your dedication is a real motivation to me. I am seven days in to (this current) journey. Best wishes and keep up the great work. :)
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great! Amazing job!! I just started my journey 2 weeks ago, so I hope next year I can post my success story too :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you have a strikingly gorgeous face! i'm in awe of what you accomplished in a year! PURE AWE.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!