introducing myself

Options
my name is jennifer, i found ths website when looking for a place to start my diet for probably the 4th time this year i was gonna wait til jannurary 1st but i have decided to start the 26th of december,, i have gained a tremdous amount of weight (40 plus pounds) since my husband and i have been together,
iam 35 years old. i have been married 8 years(second marriage) and have 3 children 16, 14 and 7. i work full time and go to college full time and try to have time to myself,,, is there any one out there that has some good tipes on how to lose some weight i will listen,, iam gonna try this calorie andwork out thing on here i think it will help alot.. thanks and have a good christmas

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    my name is jennifer, i found ths website when looking for a place to start my diet for probably the 4th time this year i was gonna wait til jannurary 1st but i have decided to start the 26th of december,, i have gained a tremdous amount of weight (40 plus pounds) since my husband and i have been together,
    iam 35 years old. i have been married 8 years(second marriage) and have 3 children 16, 14 and 7. i work full time and go to college full time and try to have time to myself,,, is there any one out there that has some good tipes on how to lose some weight i will listen,, iam gonna try this calorie andwork out thing on here i think it will help alot.. thanks and have a good christmas
  • MALU6886
    Options
    hi jennifer!:flowerforyou: look at you how much you accomplished . kids , work and school! and just you know the other goals you already achieved:bigsmile:
    i am a home mommy with seven kids in the age of 2 yrs and 21i gained in 23 yrs of marriage 110 lbs. didn't had a fitness pal and a daughter who signed me up :wink: just keep on in believing in yourself. you can do it.
    my best friend in excercise is walking and be surprised how many calories you burn by just doing your daily chores in the house ! jump rope is a burner ,too. which you can do in between. and when you are really down...... just sign in:smile:
    i wish yo all the best
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    thanks fot the tips, i will keep that in mind, i love to walk to , i have member ship at the ymca so i am going to start using that i just as mght get my monies worth,,
    thanks again
  • Perry01
    Options
    The main thing people have the misconception about is that you have to run like crazy. They easiest way to lose wieght it to cut you serving portions down seeing that most people eat more than a serving of anything. Just remember that 1 serving is the size of your palm.
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi, the only tips I have are to put everything you eat into your journal, for me it was enlightening as to the low quality of food I was eating. Now I actually eat more food than I did before but it is healthier, a lot of veggies, nuts, grains my meat consumption has naturally gone down. I seem to always be full. I would say it took about 3 weeks to get to that point.

I eat every few hours during the day so that I never get ravenous if I goof up and miss a snack or meal the old bad thought patterns come right back.

I also exercise 5-6 days a week that is probably too much. It took a little while to get over the urge to skip going to the Y but once I got it into my routine I miss the days that can't go, like on christmas.

And don't beat yourself up on the occassional bad day.

Having said all of that remember that weight loss is personal and different for us all so I reccommend that you take the tips that can work in your life and work with those everyday.