I need help

Options
slyall08
slyall08 Posts: 25 Member
I did so good Monday-Thursday of the past week. I even lost 4.5 pounds. Then the weekend rolled around. I ended up eating out three times which was horrible. But, its hard to tell friends no. I don't want to become a rec loose. How do you eat out and stick with it. Weekends like this would have made me call it quits in the past, but I'm determined this time. I am going to start back tomorrow, but I would love to have some help especially with eating out.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Some hints: grilled entrees with steamed veggies, salads with grilled meats, fajitas at Mexican places, sirloin/filets at steak places, grilled seafood.

Italian I find the toughest to eat something filling with acceptable calorie counts.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you know where you're going ahead of time, see if you can look up the nutritional information for the menu and try to plan accordingly.

Other options:

You know what you need to eat and what is better to avoid. Inhale accordingly.
    Drink water, not pop or wine or whatever.
    See if you can get half orders and to-go boxes.
    Suggest you all go somewhere where you can get something you like that is sufficiently healthy.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My rule for eating out, anything other than sushi, is I have to take half of it home. I try to order healthy, and regardless of whether I accomplish that I take half of my plate home and have food for another meal which is great and also don't get too many calories. Most entrees(if you're in America, I can't speak for elsewhere) are way more than we need anyway.

My rule for buffets, since the above doesn't work, is I get one plate. Unless it's Cici's Pizza buffet, then I fail every time so I just don't go there much.

If sushi is involved, all bets are off.
  • neverhuman
    Options
    I definitely agree with these guys, try to take some home and order things that are grilled!
  • janinealfke
    Options
    I have had weight loss surgery, so it's a little different for me. Portion control is always a good thing. Get something grilled, not fried and watch your carbs. (Breads, croutons, dressing, pasta, rice, potatoes... and anything with sugar in it has carbs) Try a salad with dressing on the side. Have them hold the croutons and just eat veggies. I always take some home...but rarely eat out since I cannot eat much at a sitting. Good luck!

Janine Alfke
  • ocrow616
    ocrow616 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try to drink a lot of water while you eat, so that your stomach fills up with water! If they start your table off with bread, don't eat any, say you're saving your appetite for the meal. Remember that you'll feel better if you eat healthier, so deny yourself those french fries--they may taste good now, but you'll probably regret them later. Try to choose foods that have simple ingredients. Order off the kids' menu. Ask a friend to split something, or before you go, ask a friend to hold you accountable to what you're planning on eating. DON'T go STARVING to the restaurant--have a small snack before you go! LIMIT alcohol consumption too! And add your food to MFP right after you eat it--so you don't forget and think you have more calories to eat than you really do!