WOW what a journey (and it will never be over!) LOTS OF PICS

Options
kymlynn13
kymlynn13 Posts: 28 Member
Hi!!!

Sooo I began my weightloss journey just about 2 years ago when I finally picked a wedding date. I looked in the mirror and I knew that I did not want to buy a dress for the size that I was. I hated what I saw and did not want to continue to live overweight anymore. I have been struggling to lose weight all of my life. I have never been thin. I had tried to start many diets before and like most people they didn't work or I didn't stick with them long enough to make them work.

eanjvt.jpg

This was me when I graduated college in May 2010 I am not sure if it was my heaviest because I never weighed myself. I hated the way I looked and didn't wanna own up to it. Therefore I never stepped foot on a scale.

Also I had a hard time finding photos for this because I hated having a picture taken of me. :(

I had a date set for my wedding, August 13, 2011. It took me until Feb 2011 to get motivated to finally lose weight for my wedding. Finally I had enough and something clicked. I was going to start a new chapter in my life as a married woman and I did not wanna do it as heavy as I was. So I discovered My Fitness Pal. It was the best thing I had ever used!!! It held me accountable and I stuck to it. I still struggled in the beginning. but I kept it going.

29diis2.jpg

This was me at my wedding. I had gone from 224 to 190. It was not what I wanted. I wanted to lose more but I didn't quite get there. BUT at the time I was very happy and proud that finally lost weight and I did it the right way. I lost 34lbs,

I did the Yo-Yo thing for a about a year. I lost some weight and put it back on.... but I never let my self get back over 200. I will never be that again.... I was pretty happy with the way things were.... I found a new love of running. So I was staying in shape but I was having a hard time dropping lbs.

ANYWAY!

I kind of regret not taking a true before and after picture. because it really has been a long! journey. It doesn't seem like it has been 2 years, but I guess it has!!! Here I am now

s13t03.jpg

224 LBS to 153.5

70lbs lighter and so much happier and more confident in myself... I have also have discovered a new love....

j5yuzm.jpg
2njxan7.jpg
2lw8yud.jpg

Yup that is me! I play roller derby and I love it!!! It is keeping me active and accountable! I am a part of a whole new family of women who love me for me and I love them!

my team <3
30ievld.jpg

I can finally say that I am happy with myself and PROUD of what I have achieved no matter how long it took me to commit! This has been the hardest thing I have ever done! But I am so happy that I did!!!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!