Sometimes it's the little things...

Options
Beth720
Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
I've got this sports bra (well, I've got a few, but this is about one in particular) that I love (as much as one can love a bra). Except for one thing. In the back it has this little flap that covers the hooks and is supposed to snap onto the other side.

Well, I've been fastening the hooks on the row closest to the end of that strap, and the little flap will never stay snapped. It's not an incorrectly sized bra - it's the same size I am. BUT! Today I put it on to do my yoga dvd and noticed that it was wanting to move to a row of hooks further in, so I hooked it there. AND the little flap reached the outtermost snap with minimal stretching. AND it stayed snapped all the way throughout my workout - and if you know yoga you KNOW there is all kinds of stretching and bending in that.

So YAY! I think this stuff really IS working!!! Now...if my cup size will just go down too...

Replies

• ❤B☩❤
    Options
    HOORAY FOR YOU!!! It is so awesome to appreciate the things that we really didn't think too much about before starting our journey! Congrats and keep up the great work!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes! Awesome! Sometimes it's the tiniest thing that gives you the biggest boost! Last week I had to tighten the chest strap on my heart rate monitor. :bigsmile:
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    can't wait for my boobies to shrink!!!!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    That's awesome! It really is the little things like that that really make you realize that your hard work is paying off!!! Congrats!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    " Now...if my cup size will just go down too... " There are somethings, some of us "me" never wish for!!!!!! LOL

That is great!!! You are right - it is the little things that mean so much and keep us motivated !!!! Congrats!!!
  • Beth720
    Options
    Thanks guys!!

Yeah I hear you bynsky. After I'd lost my first 12 or so pounds (some of which I'm working on losing again), I happened to learn about this free fitting thing sponsored by Skinny Cow ice cream, so I signed up. When I got to my "room" (it was all makeshift) and my fitter asked what size I was in, I told her and she said "You are NOT a 42. Let's see." She measured me and my band size had dropped to 38!! SADLY my cup size stayed exactly the same (I'm with you sexylonglegs...I want more than anything for them to shrink!!). But I've been amazed at how much better I look and feel in the right size bra. So yeah...when I hit another 15 pounds or so it's back to be refitted again. Blech! But a good blech. :P
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going through the same thing. I put a blog up about it! Keep it up!
  • Hughes39
    Options
    " Now...if my cup size will just go down too... " There are somethings, some of us "me" never wish for!!!!!! LOL

That is great!!! You are right - it is the little things that mean so much and keep us motivated !!!! Congrats!!!
    I think once I lose more weight I'll be wishing my boobs would shrink too! (i'm a DD) right now it isn't too big of a deal. I think my belly fat kind of camouflages them! :)

Congrats! That's great!!!!!
  • acreator24
    acreator24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry - but as a guy, this was a funny thread to read.

Congrats on your girls not "bust"ing out.

OK - coming back to edit this - b/c I have man boobs and they are shrinking. You know, one time a lady asked me if I needed "support" as I was running around the bases during a softball game. Good grief. Anyway. I too know what it's like when they shrink - it's a good thing, I think :o)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    uh oh - I forget that there guys on this site too!!!
  • Beth720
    Options
    Hee, very true! :)
  • acreator24
    acreator24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha please dont be embarassed. It's kewl!
  • robinherren
    robinherren Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another guy here but the one thing that I hate most about my body is my man boobs. It is really embarrassing to see myself in a picture and it looks like I need a bra. Now that the weight is starting to come off my man boobs are disappearing think goodness. It is the little things sometimes that counts.
  • megan_mp
    Options
    I'm looking forward to everything shrinking, however, I'm afraid if I lose anything out of my boobs, they're just going to get longer.

But congrats to you for your bra success!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant - I can't wait for the velcro to reach the other side on my sports bra - and I'm with you on cup size - I'm a 36JJ and just hoping they shrink to a more reasonable size!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!