Best C25K App for iPod

Options
I really want to get back into running, but it's been over a years since I ran. I was put on limited movement due to a complicated pregnancy and then honestly just got lazy after my daughter was born.

I've heard there are C25K apps that work with the music and will tell you when to run and when to walk so you don't have to sit there and watch a clock. Has anyone ever heard of an app like that?

Replies

• amandam0610
    amandam0610 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the "couch-to-5k" app. It does exactly what you said! It's really nice because like you said, you just wait for the commands to walk or jog. I also like that I can listen to my music while using it. I am not sure if you can get the app on an iPod...I use my iPhone.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I loved using one made by a company called lolo. They also have a 10K, half and full marathon apps along with some others. If you just search 'lolo' it should come up.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    The coolrunnings C25K app is good. Also I love their website!
  • Momma2Beauties405
    Momma2Beauties405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The only one I've ever tried is "Ease into 5K" ... it has been good for me. I know there are a ton of options though. Good luck!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I just completed C25K by Zen Labs. It has motivational quotes, lets you play your favorite playlist of music and talks to you at intervals to let you know where you are timewise. I liked it a lot. It takes you from couch to a 5k in 8 weeks, although I repeated every week so it took me 16. This one gives you the flexibility to go back and repeat so that's nice too.

I also just downloaded Run Keeper, which uses GPS to track your distance if you're running outside. I just started using it today but it also has an 8 week training program.

Both of these are free so you could download both and see which one best suits your needs.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Zen Labs C25K. It tells you when to start jogging and when to walk, and you can run it in the background if you want to listen to music and all that. I absolutely loved it!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run ! 5K Training
  • sperocras
    sperocras Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just today started the NHS podcasts: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/get-running-with-couch-to-5k.aspx
    Includes music and encouraging, pleasant voice to guide you through the program.
  • nlespier
    nlespier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. All these suggestions are WONDERFUL. I'll research them all and see what's best for me. :smile:
  • nlespier
    nlespier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just today started the NHS podcasts: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/get-running-with-couch-to-5k.aspx
    Includes music and encouraging, pleasant voice to guide you through the program.

This looks awesome!! I'll check it out. Thank you
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I like the Zen Labs app. I started the Zombies Run on my Android, then switched to an iphone so I haven't bought it again, though I might-I liked that one, too!