Kenpo X

Options
i just did the kenpo x dvd and feel like i didn't get much out of it. i don't have a heart rate monitor or anything like that. i logged my 50 minutes under kickboxing and it says i burnd over 500 calories. is this true? I am just not feeling like i burned that much

Replies

• dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I think without a heart rate monitor, it's pretty hard to assess what you burned. Granted heart rate monitors aren't 100% accurate either, but they'd give you an idea anyways.

ETA: In my experience, the calories that MFP's database has have always been higher than what my HRM reflected - by quite a bit.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Not sure how tall or heavy you are, but I just looked at my diary and 60min of KenpoX for me is about 360 cal burn. I do wear a HRM, so give or take a few - 500 seems high.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I did P90X Kenpo X on Saturday with a HRM and I burned over 600 cals.....If you don't push a little and really punch/block/kick, you may not feel it. I felt it more yesterday then I did on Saturday. But, I did feel it in my arms a bit on Saturday. Good Luck!! :-)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I used to burn about 400 calories doing Kenpo X according to my HRM. When I was doing the DVD I was 5'8" and probably around 160lbs.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    After taking actual kickboxing classes, I don't burn squat for Kenpo X. I get a little closer with Kenpo+ from P90X+....but if I want to get even close to the calorie burn (or the fun) of a real kickboxing class, I turn to Les Mills Combat (I burn more in Combat 30, than I do for the hour long Kenpo). :happy:
  • cmreblin
    cmreblin Posts: 15
    Options
    im 5'4'' and 159lbs. i did all the workouts and everything. i barley broke a sweat but did them. im just confused on how to lose this weight. the bad part is it's all in my stomach and i look like i could be 5 months pregnant when im not!

what are the best excersises to lose all the belly weight. i wouldnt mind a few pounds gone on my thighs either. i just want to fit and look good in my wedding dress because it's short and tight
  • ttesta20
    ttesta20 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Kenpo X is one of my favorite workouts! Here's a website I found to help more accurately assess calories burned without a HRM. It has all of the P90X workouts listed. Just pick which workout you're completing, enter your weight, length of workout, and intensity level and voila! Hope this helps.

http://p90xcalories.com/
  • cmreblin
    cmreblin Posts: 15
    Options
    just looked at it and said for mid level i burned 505 calories. i pushed as far as i could go because i am just starting out
  • kerrigbell
    kerrigbell Posts: 23
    Options
    I started back doing P90X last week. I did Kenpo with a HRM and burned 372 calories. I was sweating and felt like I worked pretty hard. I don't know if that helps, but just thought I would share! Keep working hard!
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I usually subtract 100-150 calories from what MFP says I burned when I'm not wearing my HRM.
  • ashleew1117
    ashleew1117 Posts: 158
    Options
    I have a HRM and i think I burned anywhere from 350-500 calories with it. It just depends on your height, weight and how much you put into the workout.
    You can get you a HRM on Amazon for about $60.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My burn on kenpo x is usually 240-300 calories. Its really a crap workout, i typically put in a one on one dvd or go running instead.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I have a HRM and i think I burned anywhere from 350-500 calories with it. It just depends on your height, weight and how much you put into the workout.
    You can get you a HRM on Amazon for about $60.

My HRM is from Amazon and got it for about $40...

It all depends on your level of fitness during the whole thing and how much you push to get your heart rate up. If you aren't getting much out of it, try to modify it and see how that works...that is all we can do with any of our workouts. Again, Good Luck!!