Shakeology vs Herbalife

Options
Which is better? Shakeology or Herbalife?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    They're both good at taking your hard-earned money.

Seriously, there are plenty of good, if not better, protein shakes out there that are about 1/8 of the cost of these two. Neither will magically make you lose weight. You need to have a caloric deficit in order to lose weight and that can be done with regular food just as easily.

However, if you're looking to replace a meal with a shake for convenience purposes there are cheaper alternatives.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    They're both a joke and scams, and I know for a fact that Herbalife is just a pyramid scheme...
  • feathernaut
    feathernaut Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well in order to answer your actual question, my family down south swears by Shakeology. They love that stuff. They are all noticeably thinner and healthier, but they also do exercise regimens and eat healthy.

However I do agree with Maria, personally, in that they're way too expensive for the results.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    but they also do exercise regimens and eat healthy.

Huh....
  • curby782
    curby782 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology daily and love it!. Herbalife recommends taking one of their vitamins with it.
  • feathernaut
    Options
    but they also do exercise regimens and eat healthy.

Huh....

Right. So I can't say if it's the shakes or not. They could easily just be a scam.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well in order to answer your actual question, my family down south swears by Shakeology. They love that stuff. They are all noticeably thinner and healthier, but they also do exercise regimens and eat healthy.

However I do agree with Maria, personally, in that they're way too expensive for the results.

Go figure. They have you EXERCISE and EAT HEALTHY along with their product. So...spend money to be told to exercise and eat healthy, or use MFP for free....hmmm....decisions decisions... :tongue:
  • feathernaut
    Options

Go figure. They have you EXERCISE and EAT HEALTHY along with their product. So...spend money to be told to exercise and eat healthy, or use MFP for free....hmmm....decisions decisions... :tongue:

You could say that about any "weight loss aid", haha.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

You could say that about any "weight loss aid", haha.

Further proving the point that you do not need weight loss aids...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Both are ridiculously expensive placebos that require you to do what you already know you need to do on top of that. They just give people a magical product to believe in rather than the simple, but effective, idea of eating properly. But hey, if it costs a lot of money and has trace amounts of fancy exclusive sounding ingredients, it must be effective.
  • curby782
    Options
    It took me a few tries to really like my Shakeology. I now drink it daily. yes it is expensive- about $4 a shake, BUT I no longer drink coffee and get a bagel in the morning, I no longer drink soda, and I do not have food cravings and chocolate cravings like I did. With this I have started eating better bc I am no longer craving junk. I feel better and it work great w/ my schedule. People will judge and say it is a scam. I know many people using the products and it is a great support team. there is a 30 day money back guarantee n the bag and if you don't like it, see no results or don't feel better you are absolutely welcome to return it for your money. Like I said, until I figured out how I liked my shake I didn't like them at all. It took a couple of tries, but now I look forward to it everyday- sometimes twice a day.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Both are ridiculously expensive placebos that require you to do what you already know you need to do on top of that. They just give people a magical product to believe in rather than the simple, but effective, idea of eating properly. But hey, if it costs a lot of money and has trace amounts of fancy colloquial sounding ingredients, it must be effective.

But placebos actually work ..

If this is what it takes for someone to get the psychological edge and stay on track, then it could be worth their money. But as a product, they don't bring anything else to the table ..
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    exercise + nutritious food* + a calorie deficit = healthy weight loss

* i.e. getting all the nutrients your body needs

that's all you need.

If you like fancy meal replacement drinks, you can make your own from whey isolate powder, milk and/or yoghurt and fruit, in a blender. Vanilla flavoured protein powder tastes the best for stuff like this............ it's not even necessary to have shakes at all, just that it tastes nice and is quick and easy to make and is a heck of a lot cheaper than shakeology and its ilk if you happen to like that kind of thing. And there are loads of recipes out there for this kind of thing, including peanut butter based ones, chocolate based ones, ones that include green vegetables, and all sorts.
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I was talking to a local shakeology rep about her shakes and once I asked her for the nutritional info comparing some of their products she quit talking to me lol.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology daily and love it!! I no longer need to take a daily multivitamin. It got a rid of my chips and dip craving at night time. If you want to learn more about shakeology I would love to talk with you some more! just msg me! And if you think about it how can you get a meal that is healthy and fills you up for just about $4.00 It's better then going to mcdonald's!!

And cue the shakebot shills
  • curby782
    Options
    I was talking to a local shakeology rep about her shakes and once I asked her for the nutritional info comparing some of their products she quit talking to me lol.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff268/Mom2Jack04/shakeologychart.jpg
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    They're both a joke and scams, and I know for a fact that Herbalife is just a pyramid scheme...

I am not sure what a pyramid scheme has to do with drinking a shake? The proof is in the result and you won't know until you try it.

Compare the labels for yourself. You will see that Shakeology is 100% natural, has no artificial junk, has TONS of super foods, and high protein and fiber. I have been drinking it for a year.

I cannot speak on herbalife as I have never tried it.
  • Momma2Beauties405
    Momma2Beauties405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It took me a few tries to really like my Shakeology. I now drink it daily. yes it is expensive- about $4 a shake, BUT I no longer drink coffee and get a bagel in the morning, I no longer drink soda, and I do not have food cravings and chocolate cravings like I did. With this I have started eating better bc I am no longer craving junk. I feel better and it work great w/ my schedule. People will judge and say it is a scam. I know many people using the products and it is a great support team. there is a 30 day money back guarantee n the bag and if you don't like it, see no results or don't feel better you are absolutely welcome to return it for your money. Like I said, until I figured out how I liked my shake I didn't like them at all. It took a couple of tries, but now I look forward to it everyday- sometimes twice a day.

This about Herbalife except I liked the shakes right away.

The deal is - as with anything - it is not a "miracle worker" ... you still have to work it. For me, it was the tool I needed to get back on track with getting the nutrients I need (that I was not getting in my regular diet) and retrain my stomach that "bigger is not always better" ...

As with anything, it is a personal decision. You will have people try and sway you either way.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    No.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff268/Mom2Jack04/shakeologychart.jpg

The portion at the bottom is BS for most of those added nutrients - Arbonne shakes have the same. (Not a rep - just saying.)