Day 3 and trying something new.

Options
I've done Weight Watchers before and I found myself living for points. I lost a lot of weight but once I stopped calculating points I gained it back. I'm trying this now. I like basic. Limit calories, increase exercise, lose weight. Who would've thought it was that simple!? Anyway, I've never participated with any real support system. I've basically been on my own every time and that's why it's been so hard. So I figured I'd maybe try to participate a little bit and see if it helps me motivate myself a little more. Hi everyone! Here's to getting in shape!

Replies

• kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! I am a former WW member, I joined here and the weight started dropping faster. I've lost 10 pounds in 2 months. So I agree, it's more simple.
  • kenni9508
    Options
    Hey Ive been on this before and lost 10 pounds in about a month. it just dropped from me and that was without excersise. Im upping the game for myself now and hopefully with see results again!.
    Good Luck !! x
  • acreator24
    acreator24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My doc as told me for years "calories in, calories out" that's all there is to it. My wife lost a ton of weight on WW but she too gained back when she stopped. This site is very similar to my spreadsheet accounting version of "counting calories" - which has worked for me in the past....I just gave it up and went back to my old ways. Now I am realizing that I am counting calories to get to my goal but when I reach my goal I still have to pay attention - at that point it will be all about portion control. Heck, I still eat whatever I want now (including my favorite pizza) - I just can't devour the entire pie anymore :o( and this that is the biggest lesson for me. No more sitting on the couch and downing a bag of cheetos. I now realize that is how I packed all this weight on over the years..

My wife, incidentally, realized that WW is the same as MFP - but they've branded it, packaged it and are selling it. She's doing very well on MFP and we're saving money!!

Just keep doing it, be honest in your food diary and watch the magic happen. Oh and dont beat yourself up over a "bad day". It happens. Just try not to let it happen a lot within a week.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    There is tons of support on here. I've never felt so motivated while on a diet. Just log in lots and read/participate in forums. There's a lot of info out there that really helps.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • nhanson62493
    Options
    I am doing diet chef and all the meals and values are on mfp. I have been doing this for 2 1/2 weeks and i have lost 8 lbs. I have gone from ww to slimmingworld and now deit chef which is similar to slimmingworld. I love this site as it tells me what i have eaten and exercise.
  • florabourne
    florabourne Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am also on day 3 and trying something new. I went to WW in the past and lost 25 pounds, but over the past two years I have gradually put it back on. I dont particularly feel motivated to do but just know I should, but joining this website has helped as it is offering something else to concentrate on instead of points which I lost interest in.