1 year of logging

Options
crowunruh
crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
1 year ago I remember putting on my swimsuit. I sat down and just cried and cried. I was so unhappy with my body. I weighed 220 pounds wore a size 18-20. My youngest was over 1 yr old and I still had not lost all the baby weight. I weighed 255 pounds when I had him in jan 2011. In that year after having him I tried ww, nutrisystem, atkins, southbeach, paleo and yes I lost some weight with those, but it wasn't a lifestyle I could stick with and I would slowly put some of the weight back on when I caved in and ate something I was supposed to avoid. So when I was sitting in my swimsuit crying, my husband found me and asked me what was wrong. I told him how I was feeling and started crying even harder. He put his arm around me and said if I was this unhappy then why wasn't I doing something about it. He was right! What was I waiting for? I had to go about this a new way. The quick fixes were not quick fixes. I thought about how people spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to lose weight. If I was guaranteed that in 12 months I would lose weight, how much would I pay? I would have spent my last dollar. But I didn't have a lot of money to spend. I needed a free, realistic way to get some weight off in the next year so I didn't have to sit on my bed crying in my swimsuit again. I remembered about myfitnesspal, I already had an account that I never used. So I joined a gym and started counting calories. I knew there were going to be hard times in those next 12 months. But I promised myself I would handle them better. If I over ate I would get right back on track the next day. I didn't want this to be a diet, it had to be a lifestyle. I couldn't go the rest of my life not having cake or brownies. I have a sweet tooth and if I told myself no cake or brownies for the rest of my life I wouldn't make it a week. I am the type of person that if I am told no, I want to even more. So yes I eat cake sometimes and brownies too. My calories are usually around 1900 a day. I stopped going to the gym in Oct. last year. I went faithfully for a long time though. But I wanted to start doing workouts at home. So I purchased turbofire and completed it and I have also just recently completed Chalean extreme. I now wear a size 10-12. That’s 9-10 pants sizes in the last year I have lost. I have a lot more muscle in my body now, thanks to weight training. So I sit here and I think about that sad women sitting on her bed crying in her swimsuit and I am so happy that I am not her anymore. I can remember exactly how I felt that day. I remember how I felt walking in front of people in that swimsuit. I hold my head high now when I put on my swimsuit. I might not be at my goal size yet, but I have done the best I could do in the last year. I have earned the right to be proud of myself. So now I am on to my next 12 months.

These are from last year

2ldda50.jpg

175kox.jpg

This is me currently

2r5uwb5.jpg

Replies

• StrivingSagittarius
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, thanks for taking the time to share your story.
  • zortgirl
    zortgirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    fABULOUS Work!!! I too have a sweet tooth (Swedish curse for me) and I try to plan when I eat full on sweets. I still eat a little more than I want to but the next day I am back on track. I had them three times last week and still lost enough weight so that my trainer will be shocked.
    Thanks for posting. I love it when I can relate to a post like that. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thanks for posting! I am just past one year myself, started at 263. You are beautiful!
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yay!! That's so incredible and you've been on such an amazing journey! You should be so proud! I am proud that I am on your friend list....I see how hard you work and you have earned every pant size!! :):):)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great job! You have done great and continue to inspire me to do better, to keep logging daily and to work hard. You've inspired me to redo the Turbo Fire program again. I loved it the first time around. With summer here I thought I would do other exercising outside but I find I need to follow a program to keep on track.
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You have had great results! Congratulations!!
  • gawx
    gawx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Great work! You've done an amazing job.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    great story! you look fabulous, and keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nicholsonaj
    Options
    Thank you for posting - I was recently that person crying on the bed....so I'mnow doing something about it and have been on track 3 weeks now and lost 5 lbs so far...not spectacular - but a start!
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great results! Love your swimsuit too. Where did you get it at?
  • crowunruh
    Options
    Great job on the 5 pounds! Every pound counts in the end! And 5 pounds in 3 weeks is super!
  • crowunruh
    Options
    I got my swimsuit at jcpenny
  • twosixeight
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Congrats on the weightloss! You look amazing!
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You have done so good!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! and you make that bathing suit look good =)
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Holly smokes you rocked this, you are very inspiring to everyone :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    STUNNING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!