Desparate need of support!

Options
Hi y'all! I'm Amanda and am trying to lose weight again. I'm desparately needing all the support I can get. I am sorta limited as far as exercise goes right now..a few weeks ago, I sprained my ankle/fractured a bone in my foot..and then last week was in a bad car accident. I am not terribly hurt, but the whip lash does tend to hang on for a few days. I'm doing things such as crunches and lifting weights...but is there anything else I can do without using my foot for right now until I get this boot off? Anything that has really helped y'all in staying in shape and losing weight? I could use a lot of help. Thanks!!

Replies

• JeffersJJ
    JeffersJJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a CrossFit trainer and am pretty decent at helping folks regulate their diet. I've worked with folks who have injuries before, so that's nothing new. Any support you need, just ask. And, no, I'm not selling anything.
  • Dixiechick93
    Options
    Thank you SOOO much! I could use all the help I can get! I will definitely message you. :)
  • crnacrn07
    crnacrn07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Girl you are a hot mess, lol :)
    Be careful lifting weights with that whip lash of yours. Has the dr. cleared you for weight lifting and crunches? I'm not trying to be pushy, I just wouldn't want you to sprain anything else or worsen your current injuries and keep you down any longer than needed. Not much you can do if you have weight bearing restrictions on your injured foot and ankle. I would stay with the weights and crunches if they don't bother you. At least your moving and doing something in that respect! Stay motivated and good luck :)
    :happy:
  • Dixiechick93
    Options
    Hahahaha. I am a mess. :P The doctor just told me to not really use that bad foot right now...if all goes well, I get this boot off on the 23rd!!! Then I can slowly start adding exercises with using my foot back into my routine. Thanks so much for your support and encouraging words!
  • crnacrn07
    Options
    Anytime Amanda :smile:
  • crnacrn07
    Options
    If you have a Samsung or other android, there are free apps on the Google Play Store under exercise. They have ones for arms, legs, butt, abs. Maybe check those out? Some you may be able to do without putting weight on your foot?
  • Dixiechick93
    Options
    That's fantastic! Thanks so much for your help!
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Yikes, glad to hear you are okay after all of that! I am on here for the long haul, as I have 160 to lose overall. Love to chat it up and have fun while losing weight and cruising on here, and can use all the support I can find. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • risuena28
    risuena28 Posts: 3
    Options
    You know it is really really good to exercise but watching what you eat will help a lot too. don't be discouraged I'm sure once the boot comes off and you are able to do more you will be VERY motivated :) good luck
  • Dixiechick93
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! :)