Wanting to rev up my workout, but...

Options
Hey! So, I have officially completed Insanity, and now I want to do the Insanity/P90X Hybrid program. Here's the problem though: a lot of P90X is just arms and stuff, and because I am trying to train for a 5K as well, I want to run on those days (because then my legs won't be so worn out from say, an Insanity exercise). I am overweight (I would like to lose 40 more) and I am losing weight. I am pretty sure this is going to kickstart my weightloss off of a very slow plateau I am on. However, I know that I am not going to have the time to do this for the rest of my life. I can't dedicate that much time to exercise a day. The next 12 weeks (I think it's 12 weeks, anyway) will be an exception. I am so scared that once I stop revving up my workout that much that I will gain all of my weight back. Any thoughts?

PS. I will always try to workout everyday, but some days might not be feasible or some days I may have to just do 30 minutes on the elliptical or something. That's what I'm worried about.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I worry about that sometimes, too, but its good to give your body a break. I noticed that when I went on vacation and drastically cut back on my workouts, I came home a week later and had still lost 2 lbs. I don't think you just gain all the weight back unless you go sit on the couch eating potato chips:) Remember that this is for a healthy lifestyle. Stay active and watch your calories, and you should be fine. And make sure to change your goals as your weight goes down and your activity changes.
  • jnowenby
    jnowenby Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!

Anyone else?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Use your diet for weight control and exercise for fitness. There is no reason to over-train. If you gain weight it is because you consume more food than you need to for maintaining.