Not losing anymore :(?

Options
Makoce
Makoce Posts: 938 Member
So I started at 168 and have managed to get down to 130.
My body apparently decided that was enough because I haven't lost in almost 4 weeks.

I tried eating more, eating less, eating at maintenance, zig-zag eating, upping my exercises, lowering my exercises and the whole nine yards.

I'd like to lose at least 10 more lbs, I am very short so I still look chunky.

Anyone know what I can do..?

Replies

• femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I'm in the same situation (same numbers and all in total). I can't seem to break this plateau and it is irking me to no end.
    :explode:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You tried all those things in 4 weeks and wonder why nothing is working? Probably because your body is going WTF is going on here.

The last pounds are the hardest to lose and you'll do a lot better by setting a reasonable goal of 1/2 lb per week, sticking to it and working on some muscle strengthening to get the shape you want.
  • greatwestescape
    Options
    Google: Body Fat % AND how to measure it

Track your body fat percentage over four weeks. If you don't go down on the scale you should go down 1%-2% in body fat
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You tried all those things in 4 weeks and wonder why nothing is working? Probably because your body is going WTF is going on here.

The last pounds are the hardest to lose and you'll do a lot better by setting a reasonable goal of 1/2 lb per week, sticking to it and working on some muscle strengthening to get the shape you want.

+1
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Any change needs time to test. Pick one change and stick with it for a month.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options

I know :( Im just really desperate because the more I don't lose, the more discouraged I get, the more I over eat my calories.

Im seeing my boyfriend for the first time in a year in September ( long distance thing ) and I was hoping to be down to 120.
    Stupid body, why dont you follow my human deadlines.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    You've lost 38 lbs so far, that''s great! Don't let the last little bit get you down. DO some research, maybe open up your diary, give us some ideas on your stats then maybe we can help you with a direction to choose but make no mistake..the last pounds are the hardest to lose, it's slow..painfully so, but would you rather lose 1/2 lb a week or gain back 1/2 lb because you didnt have the patience?

You're 20..you have the rest of your life. Trust me, nothing is THAT important that you have to have 20 lbs lost immediately. Do it slow and you will have the tools to keep it off. Start taking desperate steps and either you will not succeed or you will not keep the weight off. Patience.. It will happen.