Splenda Addict/Want to quit

Options
Hi I'm a splenda addict. I want to be more natural with all things in my life.............. I've tried the stevia---its bitter... bleckgh!

What do you use as a natural sweetener for coffee/tea.

Replies

• happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee with one packet of Stevia, one of Truvia, and a splash of low fat 1/2&1/2. YUM! I was also big time into Splenda, but I now do fine with just Stevia and Truvia for fruit, also HTH!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Try Truvia. Unlike the herbal stevia, the Truvia is processed with only the sweet part of the plant (Reb A) rather than the whole leaf. So there is no bitter taste.

I prefer stevia and aspartame. Splenda gives me a headache.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    What are the withdrawl symptoms of splenda addiction?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a splenda addict. I want to be more natural with all things in my life.............. I've tried the stevia---its bitter... bleckgh!

sugar.

Sugar.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

sugar.

Sugar.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What are the withdrawl symptoms of splenda addiction?

^^ This
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    C^6H^12O^6
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I use nothing, just whiskey,
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    Honey? Agave nectar?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    If you want to quit, then stop talking and DO IT.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Raw sugar or honey. Your body knows how to process them, and thus knows when you've had enough, so sends a signal to your brain that you are satisfied. I find that I don't have to use much to get what I want.
  • fromtheghetto
    Options
    If you want to quit, then stop talking and DO IT.
    ^^^^^
    this
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Well, first I must admit that I drink my coffee black but when something needs a sweetener, I use sugar in the raw. If you are capable of consuming sugar in moderation and have no health problems that make it necessary for you to avoid it, there is nothing wrong with real sugar.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    One word... Honey !
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    raw honey
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Aspartame, the most common low calorie sweetener discovered in 1965, when eaten in excess, can lead to aspartame poisoning. Again when eaten in excess... it is commonly used in over 6,000 products and is the most common low-calorie sweetener in most diet drinks. Just throwing caution out there for aspartame... Splenda does not contain aspartame...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    When I see something made with Splenda...

I just can't control myself.

eating+cake.gif
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Funny you post this. Today is my first Splenda-free day in years! I've always had it in my coffee and in my oatmeal. I used regular sugar instead in both. 1tsp only has 15 calories. You can work that off by doing like 1 minute of jumping jacks.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Aspartame, the most common low calorie sweetener discovered in 1965, when eaten in excess, can lead to aspartame poisoning. Again when eaten in excess... it is commonly used in over 6,000 products and is the most common low-calorie sweetener in most diet drinks. Just throwing caution out there for aspartame... Splenda does not contain aspartame...
    ]

How much is too much?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

You know the tests that showed those result of "excess levels" (on rats) would required a human to drink near 50 cans of diet soda A DAY to achieve?

http://andevidencelibrary.com/topic.cfm?cat=4089

http://andevidencelibrary.com/topic.cfm?cat=4100